She bleed out today!

/ She bleed out today!
pto control vavle.jpg

floor.jpg

Posting the pics of the pages again maybe easier to read this time.

/ She bleed out today! #32  
Being that the hose " goes up under the seat and lubricates the 'rock arms' in 3 places" per post #13, I would definitely look at the splice idea. If the fitting breaks again, it would be a easy fix.

/ She bleed out today! #33  
How about just plug the leak, put hydraulic fluid in it, and driving it home? Not going to hurt the rock arms.

/ She bleed out today!
How about just plug the leak, put hydraulic fluid in it, and driving it home? Not going to hurt the rock arms.
The machine is on property that is all forest... home is 25 miles away. I am clearing the property to build a house. I guess if worst came to worst I could weld up the broken banjo fitting and pay someone to truck it to my house.

/ She bleed out today!
I've been looking into reusable hydraulic fittings. At this point my plan is to cut off a section of the hose and bring it to a local shop. Have them identify the hose and get a reusable fitting I can install in the field on the broken end of my existing line. At the same time have them fab up a small hose with the banjo fitting I need on one side and a fitting compatible with the reusable one on the other. This way I can connect the two together.

The existing hose is hanging down vertically, so I plan to spray some WD40 through a straw up inside the damaged hose, above the cut, and let it wash out the inside of the hose to remove any debris that might get in there from the cut. Then go to town with a couple spanners.

This guy got the fittings on a hose without using a vice which is encouraging:
Field install of hydraulic fittings

/ She bleed out today! #37  
looks good, but if that doesn't work out for one reason or another, I THINK it would be ok to temporarily plug the banjo fitting, because it's just a lubrication line for the upper part of the 3-point hitch, and you wont be using that to just move the tractor from one place to another- so GL
Simon

/ She bleed out today! #38  
I think your last idea is the best. Put it in position to have it winched onto a trailer after you plug up the leak and have it trucked to your house.
Drive it off the trailer to where you would work on it.

Field work is for stop gap measure, jury rig kind of stuff. This job I would not consider such.
You don't have to have a specialized jack to split a tractor.

/ She bleed out today!
I think I have a solution.

I took a piece of the hose to a hydraulic shop thinking it was SAE 100r1 which is rubber/steel braid/rubber (based on the cross section I saw) to get the reusable fitting. They told me it was not SAW 100r1, it was just rubber hose with fiber/cloth reinforcement. We peeled back the outer layer of rubber and they were right. They told me no reusable fitting since this was not a high pressure line.

At first I was doubtful, but then had an epiphany... if the hose was dumping back into the transmission, there is no way this could be high pressure.

Checked the hydraulic charts, the PTO control valve is fed from power steering return and lubricates and/or activates the PTO clutch once engaged via a solenoid. Oil is then sent, via my broken hose, back to the transmission sump. They hydraulic chart indicates that this hose only sees tank pressure, which has got to be 20 psi or less.

I picked up a foot of hose (300 psi rated, they said it matched my sample), a new banjo bolt on a barb, and a splice barb to connect to the existing hose. Need to grab some hose clamps and I'll have her patched up this weekend.

I need about 10 gal of tractor fluid now. The manual says SAE 80w that meets GL-4. I'm looking at the Tractor Supply Travelers fluid, but don't see GL-4 listed on the bucket. They list a bunch of manufactures but Mahindra is not there. Any idea if this will work? Do I need the premium version or is standard ok?

Thanks everyone for your help here and encouragement.

fix.jpeg

/ She bleed out today! #40  
Wow....80w fluid? That seems a bit thick for that. Is this hydrostatic fluid? Hydraulic fluid?