Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ?

/ Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ? #11  
I have 8 jugs here for 1635 spring service, have been running it since first service on the 1635. Not one issue with it.

D158B035-9667-4342-B7B6-B6C986A326A6.jpeg
4541E25F-D524-496B-9763-18D2B6AA5511.jpeg

/ Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ? #12  
I realize this is an older thread, but I thought I would link the technical sheets for the two oils discussed here. The data almost looks like it was copied and pasted, with the brand name being replaced. Only physical property difference is the pour point; -42 vs -43.6

Shell Rotella HD

Shell Spirax S4 TXM ("Formally Known As: Donax TD")
Even the pour point is precisely the same. One PDF uses Celsius, the other Fahrenheit. -42C = -43.6F.

/ Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ? #13  
If you open the above links for the Shell you will notice that the list of recommended equipment brands is quite limited. No CAT, Kubota, Fendt etc…Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
   / Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ? #14  
I realize this is an older thread, but I thought I would link the technical sheets for the two oils discussed here. The data almost looks like it was copied and pasted, with the brand name being replaced. Only physical property difference is the pour point; -42 vs -43.6

Shell Rotella HD

Shell Spirax S4 TXM ("Formally Known As: Donax TD")
Thank you ALL that have contributed to this matter on this thread. I've been going nuts trying to figure this out and the selling dealer didn't have a clue either and admitted to using New Holland brand in the Kioti's, just hoping they didn't void the warranty because I know they won't care. But then again, it was delivered empty so they probably didn't.....

/ Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ? #15  
I guess it's just too much trouble for these manufacturers to update their owner's manuals with the correct specs. If I knew how sad Kioti was w/ customer communications I def would have gone a different way. Are they all like this?

/ Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ? #16  
I spoke with Shell technical product support earlier today and asked what the replacement was for the discontinued Shell Donax TD was and he told me that it’s Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid.

/ Shell Rotella HD tractor fluid vs Shell Spirax S4 TXM ? #17  
I just talked to Shell rep on the phone. He said HD is not synthetic. S4TXM is synthetic. (Spyrex)