Shipping Logistics

/ Shipping Logistics #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Seems like this is happening more and more with USPS and FedEx. It's not just the shippers fault either.

I ordered this part from a company that is based 6 hours away on August 25th. The order confirmation said it would process in 24-48 hours. After a few days passed I called and they said they shut down for a week to do inventory. (thanks for letting me know) They finally ship the part on September 3rd and FedEx hauls it up out of state. Latest update says delivery tomorrow, Sep 8th, by 9 PM.

The package dimensions are about the size of the part. It is a fairly fragile piece. How much you want to bet it's broken when it gets here.

fedex-logistics.jpg

/ Shipping Logistics #2  
It is even worse if USPS gets involved. My prescriptions get shipped from Wegman's pharmacy in Buffalo to Ohio by UPS then are mailed back to Rochester. It typically takes a little over a week for them to make what should be about a 1 hour drive.

/ Shipping Logistics #3  
i had a package ship from montana...the state immediately east of me, and the package skipped thru idaho and went to Seattle Wash, then to Portland oregon. now its in spokane...where it passed thru 7 days ago. its sat there 4 days, and now its set to deliver today. ups sucks.

/ Shipping Logistics #4  
What is worse is "FedEx Dumb Post". I've had so much trouble with them. Seattle AP in Seattle, uses them for their shipper.
I've had packages go from Wyze--> Seattle AP-->Memphis-->back to Seattle--->Memphis-->finally to me in Fulton Ms.
My last shipment spent 3 or 4 days going back and forth in the Seattle area.
And it's gotten worse with Dejoy's effort to run the Post Office out of business.

/ Shipping Logistics #5  
My daughter sent me some legal papers in a regular #10 envelope from Hilversum, Netherlands. I messaged he after a month because they had never showed up here in Indiana. She had no tracking, so we decided to wait a little longer before she tried again. About a week later it showed up, with Australian Customs tape closing it up as it had obviously been opened and inspected.
So why did it go to Australia to get from Europe to the US?

I have pictures of it, but I can't find them.

/ Shipping Logistics
Finally got the item from the OP.

Now i wait on a Dewalt pole saw/hedge trimmer set I ordered from Acme. It shipped on time and made it all the way down to Forest Park Ga where it has sat not showing movement since Monday. Still says I should receive it today?????

Also ordered a set of Cobalt hole saws off Amazon that shows I should have them today. Order date was one week ago today and it still has no tracking or shipping info. When I click on track it shows a progress bar just above the "shipped" level. I am use to Amazon not shipping for three days but this one is going on the extreme even for them.

I wonder if I will get either today as they say???

Amazon broke ground on a new fulfillment center in Tallahassee a few weeks ago. I expect no better service and probably won't be able to get past it to go into town.

/ Shipping Logistics #7  
Not a fan of Fedex. Their tracking and delivery estimates are a joke.
And your totally screwed if its where they give it to the post office to do final delivery.
My UPS driver would never drop my packages at the post office, when they did postal delivery. He said he was coming by here anyway. Saved me a day on delivery times.

/ Shipping Logistics #8  
I have no kind words for either UPS or FedEx. Both will damage parcels just for the fun of it, it seems. The heavier the item, the more damage. Unless it's really light. Then they run over it with a truck. 😏 That's why I place most all my orders through Amazon now. If I do order something online from others, I try to pay the extra to have it shipped Priority Mail. My last order from Surplus Center came USPS Priority Mail. I got that on the third day. That's pretty fast for this part of the country. And no damage.

/ Shipping Logistics #9  
My daughter sent me some legal papers in a regular #10 envelope from Hilversum, Netherlands. I messaged he after a month because they had never showed up here in Indiana. She had no tracking, so we decided to wait a little longer before she tried again. About a week later it showed up, with Australian Customs tape closing it up as it had obviously been opened and inspected.
So why did it go to Australia to get from Europe to the US?

I have pictures of it, but I can't find them.
Every year end of November I sent priority Christmas packages from California to Austria and paid hundreds of dollars to the Post Office.

After the last two bad experiences no more.

My 7 packages at $65 each took 5 weeks to arrive and traveled around the world all going to from San Francisco to Canada to Australia then back to Canada to San Francisco then to Germany and finally Salzburg...

Happened 2 years in a row so no more...

Address label as clear as can be under block print Salzburg Austria was in caps EUROPE and underlined...

/ Shipping Logistics #10  
Every year end of November I sent priority Christmas packages from California to Austria and paid hundreds of dollars to the Post Office.

After the last two bad experiences no more.

My 7 packages at $65 each took 5 weeks to arrive and traveled around the world all going to from San Francisco to Canada to Australia then back to Canada to San Francisco then to Germany and finally Salzburg...

Happened 2 years in a row so no more...

Address label as clear as can be under block print Salzburg Austria was in caps EUROPE and underlined...
Ya, the one you sent me never arrived. Better resend it