Shipping Logistics

/ Shipping Logistics #11  
Will do but sometimes the snowpack causes delays...

/ Shipping Logistics
Finally got the item from the OP.

Now i wait on a Dewalt pole saw/hedge trimmer set I ordered from Acme. It shipped on time and made it all the way down to Forest Park Ga where it has sat not showing movement since Monday. Still says I should receive it today?????

Also ordered a set of Cobalt hole saws off Amazon that shows I should have them today. Order date was one week ago today and it still has no tracking or shipping info. When I click on track it shows a progress bar just above the "shipped" level. I am use to Amazon not shipping for three days but this one is going on the extreme even for them.

I wonder if I will get either today as they say???

Amazon broke ground on a new fulfillment center in Tallahassee a few weeks ago. I expect no better service and probably won't be able to get past it to go into town.
My latest update on the Amazon package says "sorry it's late, contact USPS". USPS says it's in the hands of a shipping partner and USPS awaits delivery to them. So when it's moving as planned Amazon has a slider bar showing it's progress. When it goes screwy they tell you to go to USPS. Note this was a sold by Cuttex, ships from Amazon deal. Order date was September 8.

My Pole saw coming from ACME sat in Forest Park Ga for three days without moving. Then last night is shows no delivery date known. This morning they scanned it into Ellenwood Ga. It hasn't scanned out but the new estimate is tomorrow. Chances are they will miss that too since it hasn't scanned leaving. So from last Thursday to this past Monday it made it from GRAND FORKS, ND to Georgia and it's been in Georgia ALL FREAKIN WEEK.

/ Shipping Logistics #13  
... priority Christmas packages from California to Austria ...
...San Francisco to Canada to Australia then back to Canada to San Francisco then to Germany

Address label as clear as can be under block print Salzburg Austria was in caps EUROPE and underlined...
Austria? Australia? Somebody in the P.O. has a sense of humor!

/ Shipping Logistics #14  
Best guess is the person had no idea ... labels ad clear as can be in large font but the post office supplied Bar Code for Australia...

Needless to say I no longer ship...

/ Shipping Logistics #15  
is part from a company that is based 6 hours away on August 25th. The order confirmation said it would process in 24-48 hours. After a few days passed I called and they said they shut down for a week to do inventory. (thanks for letting me know) They finally ship the part on September 3rd and FedEx hauls it up out of state. Latest update says delivery tomorrow, Sep 8th, by 9 PM.

The package dimensions are about the size of the part. It is a fairly fragile piece. How much you want to bet it's broken when it gets here.
While the drive is still there open the box/crate and look for damage. If it is damaged refuse shipment. If you accept shipment note the damage on the damage form when you sign for it. Take pictures with your smart phone (the pictures will be dated so you have evidence of the time you discovered the damage) and open up a claim. I used to work as a shipping manager.
Seems like this is happening more and more with USPS and FedEx. It's not just the shippers fault either.

I ordered this part from a company that is based 6 hours away on August 25th. The order confirmation said it would process in 24-48 hours. After a few days passed I called and they said they shut down for a week to do inventory. (thanks for letting me know) They finally ship the part on September 3rd and FedEx hauls it up out of state. Latest update says delivery tomorrow, Sep 8th, by 9 PM.

The package dimensions are about the size of the part. It is a fairly fragile piece. How much you want to bet it's broken when it gets here.

View attachment 712641
Open the box/crate while the drive is still there; if it is damaged refuse shipment. If you accept the shipment note the damage on the form the drive has; additionally take pictures of the damage with your smart phone (the phone will time and date the picture which makes it easier to file a claim).

I used to manage a shipping department. Sometimes I would have a salesman next day air a shipment between two cities that were close together like Winston Salem NC and Greensboro NC. There are no airports between those two cities. The package would go to the Greensboro airport (GSO) and fly to Memphis TN. From Memphis the package would fly back to GSO and arrive at the destination. A good shipping clerk would change the method to ground as it would get to the destination the next day at a lot less cost.

/ Shipping Logistics #16  
More and more drivers refuse to wait for inspection... maybe pressure of the job?