Buying Advice Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ?

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #11  
Since my LS was financed, I was required to keep it insured. Had to have a special rider on my Homeowners policy to the tune of $500 per year. Seems rather steep to me as it almost doubles my premium. Also, has to be garaged and can't leave the property.

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #12  
Definitely DO NOT fill with calcium but for sure USE 'beet juice' as that is not corrosive.

Filling will increase traction and stability and desirable if you have a FEL, and most likely cheaper than weights.
When the FEL is filled there remains little rear traction hence rear weights.

Decent 'clamp on forks' great for piles of branches and anything that will not fill the bucket.

A good tooth bar will be your friend if you do any digging.

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #13  
As everyone as said if possible get the dealer installed equipment when making the purchase, especially the 3rd function. If you are going into brush, get the under body protection now. I believe just about everything else could be an easy ad on.

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #14  
I have filled tires, if I get another tractor I'm going wheel weights most likely.
Rear wheel weight isn't just for counterbalance or loader work, it comes in handy when pulling a box blade etc. where the only weight on the rear tires is the tractors weight.

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #15  
I did mention this before, but I will again. The 3 things I would absolutely get right at the beginning are:

1) 3rd function valve. I didn't and had to pay extra to get it added later. That included a pickup, install and delivery charge. Definitely a miss on my part.
2) 2 inch wheel spacers. Before I got mine installed, I got the "pucker factor" on slopes that I didn't even think were steep. I can't really explain what that feels like, but as soon as you feel it, you won't forget it. Now I go on those same slopes and I don't even flinch. I feel planted to the ground.
3) Wheel weights. As mentioned, I didn't get them for the traction. The 600 lb backhoe gives me plenty of that. What they do give me is stability. Just as above, you want as much weight, as low to the ground that you can get. That helps lower the center of gravity. You have to remember that backhoe, while heavy, sticks up in the air quite a bit and moves the center of gravity. The weights help lower that. Plus, if you ever remove the BH, you will lose that weight back there. Without something, the FEL wont be able to pick up much before you rear tires are barely on the ground.

Last edited:
   / Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #16  
Will you be operating your tractor on hillsides?

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #17  
Concerning the pallet forks, the BX23S only has a FEL capacity of just over 600lbs. So, depending on what you think you'll lift with it may make this option less valuable than you think. I use my pallet forks for unloading building materials. 1 sheet of lightweight sheetrock weighs 44lbs, so you'd have to breakup a stack into smaller piles of 6 to 7 sheets. Just a thought..

Kipp

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #18  
sounds like you have a plan & lots of good advice. my only comment is that you are putting out a substantial amount w/your purchase. the model tractor you have chosen is quite small. stand back and assure yourself that you won't regret not having gone larger esp for future needs.

to me having only a 600# fel capacity alone would warrant looking at a bigger machine. & you could always purchase various implements as you can afford. & btw fel rating i believe is 24" from pivot pins. carrying loads extended on pallet forks can quickly reduce fel capacity
lots of decisions! best regards

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #19  
sounds like you have a plan & lots of good advice. my only comment is that you are putting out a substantial amount w/your purchase. the model tractor you have chosen is quite small. stand back and assure yourself that you won't regret having gone larger esp for future needs.

to me having only a 600# fel capacity alone would warrant looking at a bigger machine. & you could always purchase various implements as you can afford. lots of decisions! best regards
Ground clearance and lift capacity is what made me upsize from BX

/ Should I tweak my Kubota package purchase a bit ? seeking opinions re now or later ? #20  
To clarify, the reason I recommend filling the rear wheels is for the times when the backhoe is off and he's using the loader or everything is off and he's mowing. Might now sound like much, but the lower center of gravity with the rear wheels filled is very noticeable when working on slopes with loader or just mowing. I prefer to do my loader work with a box blade or tiller attached to the back and the rear wheels filled. I can get every bit of use of my loader that way and still have good traction and control.