Showroom Shock !

/ Showroom Shock ! #1  

bdhsfz6

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800 HST & L6060 HSTC Formerly L6060 HST B7100 HST, L2550, L3010 HST, L3430 HST
I stopped by my local Kubota dealer this morning for oil & filters. They are one of the largest in the northeastern US. Their large showroom, which usually has more than 2 dozen tractors on display, was mostly empty! There was one lone USED L3010 on the showroom floor with a SOLD sign on it! Their lot, which normally has close to a hundred machines available, had only about a half dozen used tractors!

On a normally busy Saturday morning there are usually 6 sales people available but this morning, there was just one! He just shook his head and shrugged when I walked into his office. When I inquired about a new flexwing finish mower, he shrugged again and said he could put me on the wait list. Right now, the wait is 8 months!

I've seen low stock periods before over the years but nothing like this! Is this happening all over or just here in the northeast?

/ Showroom Shock ! #2  
It’s here in the Northwest too!

Tractors, cars, trucks, implements, attachments, etc..

Mike

/ Showroom Shock ! #3  
Front Range Kubota here in Colorado is a bit better off, but not by much. 4-5 Grand Ls instead of the usual 30. Maybe 35 total machines instead of the usuall 100ish.

/ Showroom Shock ! #4  
I stopped by my local Kubota dealer this morning for oil & filters. They are one of the largest in the northeastern US. Their large showroom, which usually has more than 2 dozen tractors on display, was mostly empty! There was one lone USED L3010 on the showroom floor with a SOLD sign on it! Their lot, which normally has close to a hundred machines available, had only about a half dozen used tractors!

On a normally busy Saturday morning there are usually 6 sales people available but this morning, there was just one! He just shook his head and shrugged when I walked into his office. When I inquired about a new flexwing finish mower, he shrugged again and said he could put me on the wait list. Right now, the wait is 8 months!

I've seen low stock periods before over the years but nothing like this! Is this happening all over or just here in the northeast?
Messick's??

/ Showroom Shock ! #5  
It’s about the same here too.

/ Showroom Shock ! #6  
Just bought a new Kubota Premium Round bailer from my dealer. They are extremely hard to get so he grabbed one from another dealer (in another state) and had it delivered to him and called me and told me if I wanted it to come and buy it like NOW, which I did. I don't need it until late fall so it's residing at the dealer for a while. Trading in my NH 450 on it.

Surprisingly, my dealer gave me top buck on the trade, actually more than I expected but I take excellent care of all my equipment and he knows that, we happen to know each other personally. He had the contract all ready to go when I went in and much to my surprise, besides a very generous trade in. Kubota gave me a 5 grand ag discount and 0 percent financing on the balance, which I could have paid (10 grand) right there.

All in all, I'm trading the NH 450 (2007) for a new Kubota (Kneverland) loaded full electronic bailer with every option but bale slice (I don't need that) for 10 grand. Did the quarterly payment thing (I do that with all the rolling stock) and I've already made a payment though I don't have the bailer but will by the time the snow flies. The bailer includes the full electronic hookup to my tractor (CanBus) and removal of the NH electronic controls which have to go with the trade in. New bailers today are all fully computerized unless you buy a very basic model.

He's been getting a steady supply of Kubota's in every week but accessories are had to get like front loaders and I've had to rework a couple components for him due to sloppy manufacturing. Just did a new Backhoe dipper stick bushing weldment where the pin would not engage the boss. The weldment boss was jigged crooked and I had to line bore the boss to accept the pin.

The new bailer has some very interesting options on it. One I really like is I can vary the density of the bale from the cab so I can start a bale at low density (for easy spearing) and increase the density for volume weight as the bale grows and the Kubota bailer holds 2 rolls of net in the netter at one time and has space for an additional 3 rolls on the side plus 10 balls of twine and I can run the net and the twine together if I want to. Lots of times when bailing wheat straw I like to twine them right away to minimize loss and then over wrap with net for storage. With the NH, I always had to interrupt the wrap cycle to switch. With the Kubota all I have to do is input the parameters in the digital keypad and the bailer does it automatically.

Nice bailer and throughput is 35 rounds an hour in 4x5, maximum weight. My dealer tends to sell more ag tractors (M series Kubota's) than the small ones anyway.

/ Showroom Shock ! #7  
Also from the northeast and it's just Kubota having the same issues.
At fairs dealers show off lot of there pride not so this year.

/ Showroom Shock ! #8  
It is not just tractors;cars ,trucks,ATV's ,boats/motors.Just the way it is right now.I called four ATV dealers before I found one;he had three in the crate and sold them in a week.
Used truck prices are insane;good if you have one to trade if you can find a new one to buy.I was offered almost what I paid for my 2017 Silverado(only 16K miles).

/ Showroom Shock ! #9  
Also from the northeast and it's just Kubota having the same issues.
At fairs dealers show off lot of there pride not so this year.
My dealer took my new bailer to the local fair because he didn't have enough equipment to fill his alloted space up. I told him there would be a rental charge and he laughed and told me fingerprints were optional.

/ Showroom Shock ! #10  
i have left my search email filters for a used tractor in place since i bought my mahindra, i use to get 1-2 a week. i haven't gotten a email in over 2 months. guess i should feel thrilled i got mine when i did.