Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed)

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #121  
What about those that never heard of that software? They all use a "foreign language" to most tractor guys. You have to learn and know the vocabulary. And learn the plastics. Like I said, you can't just buy a printer and start making parts. Unless, of course, you're copying someone else's work.

And there's the other negative. You have to accept the layered look in the parts. They never look like the originals or injection molded parts. Nice job on the samples but they all look a little homemade. That's not an insult to the makers, it's just how the printers work--In layers.

Added: By the way; Has anyone mentioned you need a capable computer to print parts too? Many viewers here are using a phone or pad to see this.

Don’t think I would lose much sleep if my cylinder plugs weren’t OEM appearance. If they kept QC clean, I’m good

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #122  
nice work

I think I'd like a TBN coffee mug made (would it survive the heat though)

have fun

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #123  
IF you need the CAD software for FREE, then this is the software to use.

FreeCAD: Your own 3D parametric modeler

All OpenSource. Version 19.2 is the latest.

Once launch, you are in the module mode. Next pick the software application you want to use. There are so many modules for so many things. Has FREE STL, STEP and other import/export translators too.

My local library has a 3D printer. Part cost is only $2/lbs of material used. That's cheaper than any outside place.

/ Sick of Paying Tractor Part Prices.... Make Your Own....(3D Printed) #124  
Been using Freecad for almost a year now, love it.

Not a tractor part, but most with a tractor probably have run into this. The new style fuel cans have super weak cap rings. One came broken, then a second one broke even after getting rid of the spring loaded junk that make them take forever to pour. Modeled in Freecad, printed with PETG on my Ender 3 pro, added holes around the edges so that I can add screws later if layer adhesion becomes an issue.

IMG_20210628_233749_compress6.jpg
IMG_20210628_233816_compress82.jpg
IMG_20210628_233704_compress23.jpg