Sickle Bar Sickle bar mower

/ Sickle bar mower #11  
You can turn the pulley by hand, but the HP needed is dependant on what you are cutting.
link to picture

This is not fully hooked up yet, the chain link must be connected to the "raise arm"

/ Sickle bar mower #13  
Thanks Ken, and you are right again. I have pondered giving it a quickie paint job. I think I'll wait until we have a shed built.

Folks, Ken knows a bunch about sickle bar mowers. He usually has some used ones in stock at very reasonable prices. I nearly bought one from him but it just so happened that mine showed up in the local classifieds (and I wanted 9 footer).

/ Sickle bar mower #14  
Thanks for the kind words. It is hard to find a used 9 ft in our area, however, we do have in stock a 9ft JD 350 and a 9 ft NH 451 both in excellent condition --Ken Sweet
Email sweet@scrtc.com

/ Sickle bar mower #15  
I use a IH 100 Balance Mower sickle mower ( 7ft cutting bar ) on my Kubota L2350 ( 25 hp ) with no shortage of power at all.

Sickle mowers don't use much power it seems to me, I have cut some very thick fields with it, it will plug of course, but all sickle mowers will under some conditions.

/ Sickle bar mower #18  
Yes. Agri-Supply (like CCI) has also several top selling items made in Turkey. You imply Agri-Supply sells low quality items?

/ Sickle bar mower #19  
There are SEVERAL good units out there. Drive around and look for ones "in the weeds" many of these units are VERY fixable (if not operational) for cheap. BIL just bought an IHC 1300 for $50 - a little tinkering and works good. This may sound odd, but size does matter, especially on a "mounted' (3 point) type. Some of the smaller HP tractors are not made to run some of these units. While they may operate them, they are not meant for them. Had a friend a couple years ago who pulled himself right into a pond because he was using a 9' mower on a small (30 HP) tractor (Be careful on down slopes).

/ Sickle bar mower #20  
<font color="blue"> In regard to Turkish Manufactured Implements </font>

I would be willing to bet there must be good Ag Mfgrs in Turkey, however, my personal experience with Turlkish made machines left a lot to be desired in quality and workmanship and any dealer network for support parts in the USA. IMHO, 2 or 3 USA retailers dont make a network capable of long term product support--Ken Sweet