Silly question but....

/ Silly question but.... #1  

bunyip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 5810 HST
I have a few attachments from the Kubota BX which are going to be too small for the Kioti DK5810, mainly the landscape rake 4', harrows 4', 4' grader but I can offset that and make it work for cleaning gutters without going in the ditch.
Ideally what width implements should I go, I want a box blade and not sure if 5' or 6' will be best.

/ Silly question but.... #2  
At LEAST 6'. You could probably even use a 7. That is a nice tractor, you will be surprised how much more it will do than your BX.

/ Silly question but.... #3  
I have a 6 foot ROBB. My rear tire width is 80". The fact that the ROBB is narrower than the rear tires has never limited it's use.

/ Silly question but.... #4  
I have a few attachments from the Kubota BX which are going to be too small for the Kioti DK5810, mainly the landscape rake 4', harrows 4', 4' grader but I can offset that and make it work for cleaning gutters without going in the ditch.
Ideally what width implements should I go, I want a box blade and not sure if 5' or 6' will be best.
You'll get this from most everyone. Be sure you cover the wheel tracks. It doesn't make the implement useless if it doesn't, but, you will always have compressed ground you can't grade if it doesn't.

Wide and heavy as you can stand, if you can get it in the shop, and lift it with the front wheels on the ground you went too small:)

Best,

ed

/ Silly question but.... #5  
I completely agree with the heavy part. Also - get a hydraulic top link, if you can swing it. If my ground out here in the Scabrock was any harder - we would call it concrete. I have NEVER had any problems digging or leveling with my six foot ROBB. Perhaps it's because the ROBB has scarifiers or that I'm swinging a six foot implement with a 62 Hp tractor that weighs 10K pounds.

Whatever - it sure does a fine job for me.

/ Silly question but.... #6  
Forgive me but what’s a ROBB? I’m guessing box blade?

/ Silly question but.... #7  
Sorry Aquamoose. Roll Over Box Blade. It a poor man's three implements in one. Box blade - scarifiers - back blade. Pull the lever, drive forward, it roll over to an alternate implement.

/ Silly question but....
Thanks for all the responses, as for ROBB, I have never seen one here, the box blades I have seen have adjustable scarifiers and double blades for forward and reverse but no roll over for another implement.

/ Silly question but.... #9  
Sorry Aquamoose. Roll Over Box Blade. It a poor man's three implements in one. Box blade - scarifiers - back blade. Pull the lever, drive forward, it roll over to an alternate implement.
I do not know how you can call them "a poor man's" implement. All the ones I can find locally are way more the a regular box blade. Old rusty and HEAVY and I would like to find one.