Simple chain carrier

/ Simple chain carrier #1  

beowulf

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3410 HST, J Deere riding mower
I frequently deal with the issue of how to carry my chains conveniently, and I have dumped and lost chains I had forgotten were in the FEL. I previously built (based on a design from someone else on this forum) a vertical 6" ABS pipe which works, but I find I use that holder for shovels, pruners and other things.

Anyway, now, as long as I have my box blade on the tractor, I have a solution. It is not a total solution and won't work for everyone in all situations or at all times but it works for me most of the time. And an added feature is that you don't have to carry, or drag the chain to where you need it - you can simply lift the 'chain carrier' off the tractor and carry it to where you need it - much easier than wrestling with a heavy chain. $13 at TSC. Looks to be durable. Color a bit bright but may be other choices.

There may be other places on some tractors where this could be hung. Pics of the ABS pipe solution and the new chain-carrier (aka feed bucket). The chain in the bucket is a 20' logging chain.

Attachments

• IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 620
  • IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 501
Last edited:
   / Simple chain carrier
   / Simple chain carrier
Sorry guys, I keep getting the same message - "unable to access this site". I can go to the TSC web page by just entering TSC and can there see their products, just can't get to whatever your link directs me to.

/ Simple chain carrier #7  
I ran across the large diameter plastic pipe thread years ago on here and it is a winner for me. I mounted it on the right side of my L4400 loader frame, below the loader handle. I keep a couple or three various chains in there. The hooks rest on the lip. It has been just handy as can be.

/ Simple chain carrier #8  
IT's not a problem with links posted, its problem with TSC site not understanding their own "links/URL's".... Its the poor cheap design of their site..... Have always had real problems with trying to search for items on their site.... Guess that is what you get with cut rate website builders....

"Search" for SKU number....."222057599" ( just the numbers in search field it does not even understand "SKU:" or quite signs included into search field)

Dale

Last edited:
   / Simple chain carrier #9  
I frequently deal with the issue of how to carry my chains conveniently, and I have dumped and lost chains I had forgotten were in the FEL. I previously built (based on a design from someone else on this forum) a vertical 6" ABS pipe which works, but I find I use that holder for shovels, pruners and other things.

Anyway, now, as long as I have my box blade on the tractor, I have a solution. It is not a total solution and won't work for everyone in all situations or at all times but it works for me most of the time. And an added feature is that you don't have to carry, or drag the chain to where you need it - you can simply lift the 'chain carrier' off the tractor and carry it to where you need it - much easier than wrestling with a heavy chain. $13 at TSC. Looks to be durable. Color a bit bright but may be other choices.

There may be other places on some tractors where this could be hung. Pics of the ABS pipe solution and the new chain-carrier (aka feed bucket). The chain in the bucket is a 20' logging chain.

I have a pipe mounted vertically on my loader just like the one you are carrying the limb cutters in. Mine has a clean out with a screw in lid glued on top. Haven't lost a chain yet.

RSKY

/ Simple chain carrier #10  
Could always weld couple J hooks on box blade for the chain,hope you dill couple holes in bucket for drainage.