Simple Tractor Cab

/ Simple Tractor Cab #1  

dnrsslr

Like lots of other people, I want a cheap, simple to build "cab" on my Ventrac 3400 for blowing snow. (Snow blower mounts to the front of the tractor.) This is only for homeowner use so 30 minutes to an hour is usually the longest I would be outside but I hate the wind and don't like snow being blown on me.

The main thing is that I want to keep the wind and snow off of me so I'm thinking I will only have a front, sides and possibly a roof. I will not put any type of heat inside but I don't want the glass, lexan, or plastic to fog up. If I leave the back open, will this keep the inside cold enough so it does not fog up?

Attachments

• Ventrac 3400Y.jpg
    Ventrac 3400Y.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 282
   / Simple Tractor Cab #2  
I have a soft cab that is reasonably sealed all around with no heat and never have fogging unless I'm breathing a few inches from the windows. You shouldn't have a problem.

/ Simple Tractor Cab #3  

Attachments

• Ventrac.jpg
    Ventrac.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
   / Simple Tractor Cab
I made a great little cab from a Classic golf cart cover. Just get some 1/2" steel conduit and bend a simple frame. I made mine quick attach by bolting on pieces of short slightly larger pipe for the conduit frame to set in. This was not on a Ventrac, but the principle is the same. Amazon.com : Classic Accessories 7272 4-Sided Deluxe 2-Person Golf Cart Enclosure : Golf Cart Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

Thanks for your ideas. Do you have any pictures on the forums of yours?

This tractor pivots in the middle so I can't cover the engine. But, I was thinking I would go from the front to the ROPS like this:3400_Top_2261.jpg

/ Simple Tractor Cab #5  
Thanks for your ideas. Do you have any pictures on the forums of yours?

This tractor pivots in the middle so I can't cover the engine. But, I was thinking I would go from the front to the ROPS like this:View attachment 576814
Since it pivots in the middle, you'd probably want to keep the cab very short, but it still might be worth using an inexpensive golf cart cab and just cutting it down. Or let it extend back over the engine, but cut it short so it clears the engine housing. When I did mine, I cut it in a few places and sewed it on a regular sewing machine.

Attachments

• IMG_4347.JPG
    IMG_4347.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 528
   / Simple Tractor Cab #6  
Thanks for sharing this idea!!!This has to be your Amazon review.

T. Griebe
5.0 out of 5 starsWorks great as a tractor cab
January 10, 2014
Color: TanVerified Purchase
I bought this as a cab for a B Series Kubota that already had a canopy installed. I tossed it over the top and added a little extra frame in the front made from EMT conduit to use the full length of the cart enclosure roof dimension.

First, the material quality is first rate, including the fabric, windows and zippers. There are numerous nylon straps to secure the cover which are both adjustable and elastic. The windows are surprisingly clear even with some wrinkles from the original packing. Even the hooks have plastic ends to prevent scratching.

Installation is easy, as it is held on by 4 upper corner straps and 6 lower straps with hooks. It is designed so that it folds easily and comes with a high quality fabric case

/ Simple Tractor Cab #7  
Great idea! Where did you get the golf cart cab? Link to website? Thanks

/ Simple Tractor Cab #9  
Thanks. Sorry, I missed it earlier.

/ Simple Tractor Cab #10  
IMG_1421 (1).jpgIMG_1423.jpgIMG_1424.jpg
Just thought I would share, I got a roof from a golf cart, welded receiving brackets for the uprights and bolted to Loader frame and ROPS. Made uprights of 1x1 1/4" tube. Bought marine grade vinyl, which wouldn't last if the unit was stored outside. If it does start to crack at corners etc I'll get some outdoor fabric to do the edges and corners. I need to add some ducting to capture the engine heat ie the old heater houses. I'm just going to have the door as over lap for now.
I blew snow yesterday in -16 C, very comfortable. I need to clean up the vinyl install yet but so far real happy for $120.
The unit will only be on for the winter.