Simple way to make yeast??

/ Simple way to make yeast?? #11  
Have you tried Amazon?
Sometimes we have to adjust for shortage.
About late April my wife complained she couldn't find yeast in stores so I tried ordering some from Kroger for pickup. Got there and they told me they had been out for weeks.
Ordered a POUND from Amazon on May 3rd, delivered on May 11th. Now a pound is not so convenient as the little packs but it did get her cooking.

/ Simple way to make yeast?? #12  
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ This....

If you are looking to make your own yeast, then that is exactly what sourdough starter is. I've had mine going for 10 years now.
For many years, I had one that had been going for over 50 years. I got the start from an old couple, but it's long gone now.

SR

/ Simple way to make yeast?? #14  
I guess i'll look for some yeast, all the stores here have toilet paper...

SR

/ Simple way to make yeast?? #16  
Have you tried Amazon?
Sometimes we have to adjust for shortage.
About late April my wife complained she couldn't find yeast in stores so I tried ordering some from Kroger for pickup. Got there and they told me they had been out for weeks.
Ordered a POUND from Amazon on May 3rd, delivered on May 11th. Now a pound is not so convenient as the little packs but it did get her cooking.

I did the same, have been using it for the past two weeks.
Amazon.com : Saf Instant Yeast, 1 Pound Pouch : Active Dry Yeasts : Grocery & Gourmet Food

I also started my sour dough bread starter about a month ago before I got the yeast.

I just checked yesterday the stores are still out of yeast around here.
I did see an empty box of packet yeast in one of the stores so it is slowly becoming available just sells out fast.

/ Simple way to make yeast?? #17  
Try businesses that supply restaurants with ingredients in your area. We have one here in town that serves a large area of northern indiana and SW michigan. They have a retail store at their warehouse. Full of bulk items. Great for parties, gatherings, events, etc... they have yeast, flour, sugar, etc.....

/ Simple way to make yeast?? #18  
Try businesses that supply restaurants with ingredients in your area. We have one here in town that serves a large area of northern indiana and SW michigan. They have a retail store at their warehouse. Full of bulk items. Great for parties, gatherings, events, etc... they have yeast, flour, sugar, etc.....
Yep, have to go someplace outside the mainstream. Big box stores around us don't have yeast, but the small Mennonite stores have it in stock. They also have various kinds of flour that can't be found in big box stores.
If you can't find it elsewhere and are comfortable doing that, send me a PM and we can work something out where I can send you a pound or two for whatever it costs me to pick it up and ship it.

Aaron Z

/ Simple way to make yeast?? #19  
Thats weird. I was at grocery store here today and yeast and flower were in stock and shelves pretty full. Wonder why there is none in your area