Single axle, dually equipment trailer

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #1  

700R

Silver Member
Tractor
N/A
Does anyone know anything about these trailers? Any idea of a manufacturer so I can get specs? Does it have electric brakes? Looks like something you'd load a D3 on haul behind a dump truck.
It is a tilt trailer too.
I've been on the hunt lately for a 12-14 foot tandem axle equipment trailer, preferably a deckover, to use as a utility trailer. This thing popped up and its really got my attention.

I'm contemplating buying it to use as a utility trailer. I'd add stake pockets and make sides for it to haul dirt/mulch/gravel, pallets of stuff, logs, brush, etc...

trailer.jpg

trailer2.jpg

trailer3.jpg

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #2  
That would be one rough pulling and riding trailer. It surprises me that it does appear to have a man tag on it because I would swear it looks homemade. If you're just puttering around with it it may be okay but for every day utility use I wouldn't want that heavy thing.

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #3  
You probably need to go look at. Looks like an ID tag on it but it might be hard to read. It is for sure heavy duty but no suspension. Might be hard on a pickup truck to pull.

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #4  
I have a smaller lighter solid axle tilt trailer and I can attest to the rough and bouncy ride solid axles give. You really have to secure the load against the bouncing or it will break straps and bounce right off.
Keep looking.

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #5  
Really hard when you have no suspension. They are venerable to bending parts.

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #6  
The tires become the only suspension on a solid axle rig. Run low air pressure to cushion the load. But this endangers the tires...

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #7  
Does anyone know anything about these trailers? Any idea of a manufacturer so I can get specs? Does it have electric brakes? Looks like something you'd load a D3 on haul behind a dump truck.
It is a tilt trailer too.
I've been on the hunt lately for a 12-14 foot tandem axle equipment trailer, preferably a deckover, to use as a utility trailer. This thing popped up and its really got my attention.

I'm contemplating buying it to use as a utility trailer. I'd add stake pockets and make sides for it to haul dirt/mulch/gravel, pallets of stuff, logs, brush, etc...
well, it does have brake drums. How good are you at tracking down vintage parts or making them yourself? How much will it cost to strip, sand, repaint and redeck?

For your desired uses, tongue weight will probably be the biggest issue.

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #8  
Someone came to one of my auctions some years back and bought a farmall. They had a trailer similar to this and tilted it back and drove the tractor right up on it. When he drove it far enough on it tilted back to the flat position and his friend latched it into place. It looked dangerous because he had to jocky it back and forth to keep it from slamming down. I have to agree with scootr - keep looking

/ Single axle, dually equipment trailer #9  
There was a single axle dually that showed up on either Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist on the West Coast a couple of days ago here, but somewhat different styling than that one. It probably makes the tilt mechanism work easy as it would just tilt over the axle with a hinge on the tongue.

I don't see the air cans that are part of air brakes, but those could be hidden behind the axle. Or it might not have functioning brakes at all. Most of the old heavy equipment trailers will have air brakes and not electric brakes.

What are you towing it with? Are you planning to license it?

I've been towing a 10K utility trailer behind my RAM 1500. I'd like a couple more K's, but my RAM wouldn't, and I'd have problems licensing a larger trailer.

And, as mentioned, the higher capacity equipment trailer, the HEAVIER.