Size of Dozer?

/ Size of Dozer? #11  
I’m not sure how much heavy land clearing you will be doing, but if it’s a substantial amount, I’d by an excavator first, and then come in with a dozer to finish up. A 20,000lb dozer is the smallest I would go with, but heavier is going to allow you to get more done per hour. My dad and I have cleared many acres of land over the years, and find that a 20 ton excavator along with a 20k lb dozer makes for a great combination.

IMG_0386.jpg
IMG_0381.jpg

/ Size of Dozer? #12  
These older small Case 450 and the John Deere equivalent were very popular and are excellent landscaping dozers. You can usually find them reasonably cheap.

They are just the perfect size and weight for finish landscaping.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    956.8 KB · Views: 151
   / Size of Dozer? #13  
10 to 20k should get you a decent shape dozer. If you have doubts, have a heavy equipment mechanic look one over that you find. You may find you might need a 3/4 inch ratchet/socket to make working on one easier.

The OP will DEFINITELY need a 3/4 socket set, and a 3/4 impact wrench!

/ Size of Dozer? #15  
Personally, I wouldn’t buy a dozer without a rear ripper if reshaping virgin landscapes. Scraping material vs dozing material is not very efficient.

/ Size of Dozer? #17  
More tools and heavy equipment go hand in hand. I feel you would be well served with a 20,000lb and up dozer equipped as I stated earlier. Someone mentioned a ripper, that's a real good idea too if you plan on clearing/leveling small lots.

/ Size of Dozer?
Not really much land clearing, wanting to clear 20 year old logging trails for dirt bikes/four wheelers and a few 1/2 acre homesites. I知 thinking a winch on the back of the dozer would be good to pull trees for firewood/lumber would be a good idea

/ Size of Dozer? #19  
Not really much land clearing, wanting to clear 20 year old logging trails for dirt bikes/four wheelers and a few 1/2 acre homesites. I知 thinking a winch on the back of the dozer would be good to pull trees for firewood/lumber would be a good idea

If your just wanting to reshape an existing road base, then yes, you could get by without a ripper.

/ Size of Dozer? #20  
there is a bunch of big Dozers abandoned on the Northwest passage, they didn't want to spend the money bringing them back!.. also, in Alaska, there are many Dozers abandoned because they got stuck, and the owners just gave up on them!..