sleep

/ sleep #61  
My husband is currently having a sleep disorder. I think it is due to stress (he had more than three months of hard work schedule). I want to help him, but he is a pretty skeptical person, so he won't agree to practice yoga or rely on religion. But taking sleeping pills is also not a good way out.
Years ago I had work related stress causing sleep deprivation and my doctor prescribed Diazepam (generic Valium), just 5mg and it worked. You can even grow your own Valarian plant which it's derived from.
It worked for me and wouldn't hurt to check with family doctor about it. Losing sleep isn't good.

/ sleep #62  
My husband is currently having a sleep disorder. I think it is due to stress (he had more than three months of hard work schedule). I want to help him, but he is a pretty skeptical person, so he won't agree to practice yoga or rely on religion. But taking sleeping pills is also not a good way out.
Have him think of something he enjoys doing, or wants to do, when he is trying to go to sleep. I also do simple math which helps focus the mind yet keeps the stress thoughts at bay. One also has to develop the ability to NOT think about the stressful stuff. Sometimes the stressful stuff will pop in my mind and I tell it to go away while I think of something pleasant or do math. Takes some practice but it works most of the time.

/ sleep #63  
When I had trouble sleeping I would turn on Coast to Coast AM at night. It would get my mind off the day's problems and I'd be asleep in no time. The variety of topics on that program are interesting even if you think they are silly.

/ sleep #64  
Have him think of something he enjoys doing, or wants to do, when he is trying to go to sleep. I also do simple math which helps focus the mind yet keeps the stress thoughts at bay. One also has to develop the ability to NOT think about the stressful stuff. Sometimes the stressful stuff will pop in my mind and I tell it to go away while I think of something pleasant or do math. Takes some practice but it works most of the time.
I've never been one who's had trouble sleeping, but I do use a similar technique at bedtime. Hard to describe, but there are a few "places" I go in my mind, and in no time I'm out.
When I had trouble sleeping I would turn on Coast to Coast AM at night. It would get my mind off the day's problems and I'd be asleep in no time. The variety of topics on that program are interesting even if you think they are silly.
Just the opposite for me. Back when I used to have the need to be driving late at night (I'm not much of a night person) I'd tune in a talk station on the radio. Even if the subject being discussed was of no interest to me, I'd mentally follow the conversation and it'd keep me alert. A music station did not have the same effect.

This was 40-odd years ago before talk radio became all politics all the time, so I'm not sure that'd work today.

/ sleep #65  
I've never been one who's had trouble sleeping, but I do use a similar technique at bedtime. Hard to describe, but there are a few "places" I go in my mind, and in no time I'm out.

Just the opposite for me. Back when I used to have the need to be driving late at night (I'm not much of a night person) I'd tune in a talk station on the radio. Even if the subject being discussed was of no interest to me, I'd mentally follow the conversation and it'd keep me alert. A music station did not have the same effect.

This was 40-odd years ago before talk radio became all politics all the time, so I'm not sure that'd work today.
It's not ALL political, lol look at this! I was an Art Bell fan, may he RIP.

/ sleep #66  
I been trying a CBD chewable before bed. Sleep like a baby.

/ sleep #67  

Places to go is a good way to put it. That is what I do and it helps most of the time.

I seldom have trouble falling asleep, but sometimes I will wake up and have trouble falling back to sleep, which is when I have to use these techniques.

For driving, I download pod casts to my phone to listen too which really makes the time go by and I don't feel tired at all. Decades ago I would play CDs or tapes of books but that would make me tired. Kinda odd that one keeps me awake and the other puts me to sleep. Go Figure.

/ sleep #68  

Depending on the station, it might keep you mad enough to not sleep for several days.