sleep

/ sleep #1  

Raul-02

Veteran Member
the armpit of the entire universe New Jersey
Tractor
kioti DK4710 SE HST CAB
When I was a boy I had nightmares about monsters chasing me. It was for me so terrifying that I was afraid of falling asleep.

But I loved to fall asleep. I’d play with it, drifting off, taking my time, enjoying the lazy feelings and finally let sleep take me.

So I had to do something about the monsters.

I made up my mind that it was a dream, it was my dream, and I should be in charge. So I determined to learn to fly.

That night I went to sleep thinking hard, as hard as my little boy mind could think, about flying.

And when the monsters came, I launched myself into the air. It was hard at first. I couldn’t get more than a foot or so above the ground, but fly I did and I even flew over a fence. The monsters seemed to evanesce and fall behind.

The next night I was comfortable that I was armed with the best defense. But the monsters didn’t come. In the morning I was just a little disappointed.

The monsters never returned.

I want to sleep like I did when I was a boy.

/ sleep #2  
I used to sleep walk from little kid until well into my 30s. Great stories from my parents, siblings and wife about some interesting conversations and actions that I have no recolection of. :ROFLMAO:

I still have dreams about once a month or so that are so realistic that when I wake up, sometimes I have to ask myself if that really happened or not for several minutes before convincing myself it was a dream. It can be fun and exciting.

/ sleep #3  
Both brought a smile to my face. Odd what we remember and miss. But we do.

/ sleep #4  
Google lucid dreaming. I have the opposite flying problem, I take off and can't stop going higher and higher out of control!

/ sleep #7  
My most common nightmare is that I am backing my truck up and go to stop and find my brakes don't work. I'm going backwards downhill, faster and faster, trying to watch behind me and dodging the obstacles. Just before I crash I always wake up.

My most common dream is that I am running along and taking bigger and bigger steps, 5', then 10' then 20' before I touch ground. Then I realize I am actually flying short distances with my steps. Then I can go higher and higher but must carefully watch for powerlines. After impressing all my friends I finally wake up, mad that I woke up, and try to go back to sleep and finish the dream but that never happens.

/ sleep #9  
I used to have dreams that I was falling and then I'd hit the ground and BOOM! I'd wake up on the floor. OUCH! About the 3rd or 4th time that happened I switched to the bottom bunk. :ROFLMAO:

/ sleep #10  
I read years ago that flying is the most common theme in dreams as was falling.

When I was young, I had a recurring dream that I had a lawn mower that flew.

Dreams are an interesting peek into what can go on inside that three or so pounds of gray matter in our skulls.