Slope mower tires and wheels

/ Slope mower tires and wheels #21  
I do not remember - I have not put air into them since I installed them. Higher than what the originals used because of the loader. But I am not on any slopes greater than 30°. I suspect I used what was necessary so that they do not squat a lot under load.

Just looked at a picture and I can barely read the load rating: Looks like 1710 lbs at 20 psi so I suspect mine are 16 - 20 psi.

Ken

/ Slope mower tires and wheels
I finally got my singles on and mounted, tire says max inflation pressure 20 psi, I talked to Terry about tire pressure he suggested 20 for loader work, I put 18 in and today my grandson suggested dropping it to 12 which he did, tires do not seem to squat any with 12 so I am going to keep it there for now.

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    410.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I'd think you'd have better traction in snow with singles but less floatation in mud.

Traction is not too good in the snows we have had in the last several weeks , I think chains are almost a must for hills. When I had single ag tires on (23 x 8.5 x 12 ) it seemed to go a little better added chains and it went real good.

/ Slope mower tires and wheels #26  
I chain year around except on severe slopes. Low tire pressure is the key to side traction

/ Slope mower tires and wheels #28  
8-10psi on the 1850
12-15 on the 425

Last edited:
No problems with tires spinning on the wheels at that low a pressure?