Small bridge ideas?

/ Small bridge ideas? #11  
What could be more "classy" than an old school bus with the ends cut off?

:)

Seriously, I would try to find a spot to make a ford.

Bruce

That would be classy. But will seriously limit what you can cross with.

I wanted to build a roof over my bridge but scrapped that idea for the same reason.

/ Small bridge ideas? #12  
why don't you just make a dam about 10 feet up stream then make a rock and dirt bridge after that??. unless you want the creek to make electricity..

/ Small bridge ideas? #13  
I built this smaller bridge several years ago. Again steel frame. This time with corrugated heavy steel panels. I built it narrow so vehicles wouldn't try to cross it. Didn't think it was strong enough to hold a 4K lb buggy. ATVs, Motorcycles and UTVs cross it all the time.

DSC01046.JPG

DSC01055.JPG

DSC01058.JPG

/ Small bridge ideas? #14  
Then, you blew up the dam?

/ Small bridge ideas? #15  
why don't you just make a dam about 10 feet up stream then make a rock and dirt bridge after that??. unless you want the creek to make electricity..

If you were going to do that why not drive across the dam??

/ Small bridge ideas?
I built this smaller bridge several years ago. Again steel frame. This time with corrugated heavy steel panels. I built it narrow so vehicles wouldn't try to cross it. Didn't think it was strong enough to hold a 4K lb buggy. ATVs, Motorcycles and UTVs cross it all the time.

View attachment 604984

View attachment 604985

View attachment 604986

Yep, something similar to this (yet even smaller) would probably work nicely for my purposes.

As for the other comments, nope, can't really dam it...the local Union Pacific B&B crew might have a small problem with that, as my property is about 40 feet from the Baird Sub main. The railroad crosses this same creek with a large, two-holed concrete culvert stamped "1926," so it'd probably be best to let it flow. Indeed, after cutting all grass on this place, my new tractor's first serious job will probably be cleaning out that creek as there's a lot of deadfall in it.

TXCOMT

/ Small bridge ideas? #17  
That's kind of what I was alluding too. Looks like a gully with a lot of dead vegitation.

I wish we still had rail lines around here. All gone, long ago!

/ Small bridge ideas? #18  
That's kind of what I was alluding too. Looks like a gully with a lot of dead vegitation.

I wish we still had rail lines around here. All gone, long ago!

Don't think we've saw the OP's area yet. Or maybe I missed something.... That happens.....

/ Small bridge ideas? #19  
I used an old trailer house frame, bolted treated 2 x 6's to the frame to nail oak planks to: FARM 2007 018.jpg

After many years of use, the planks were deteriorating, so I added treated 2 x 10's & 2 x 8's to resurface: Farm 2018 084.JPG Farm 2018 085.JPG

This bridge spans the spillway at my north pond, I use it for the Gator, JD-790 & 755!

/ Small bridge ideas? #20  
I built one a couple years ago. I think it's 22ft long. We drive our offroad buggies under it. I've crossed it with my Ford tractor and my Super Duty which weighs 7K. Haven't had the Kubota on it yet but have faith it would handle it. One end is on stacked slabs of sidewalk concrete. Other end is sitting on a limestone ledge slab that I dragged in place.

Used I beam stringers and treated bridge boards for decking. All material I had onhand. Great addition to our playground.

View attachment 604976

View attachment 604977

View attachment 604978

View attachment 604979

View attachment 604980

I like that. I am dragging my feet to get a span across with 24' I Beams. A little skittish about it though.