Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck

/ Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck #31  
replying to the bottom. This is a pic I snagged from somewhere else a couple years ago. I'm not sure if this was a bucket changeover or the first bucket during assembly of Muskie.

I should add that those are not D2s... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 559483-Cats dragging big muskie bucket.jpg
    559483-Cats dragging big muskie bucket.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 233
   / Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck #32  
And here's that same bucket on it's way to the current site. Pics here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck #33  
I dug a little more and found another interesting photo. This is a tub changeout. Muskie had 3 tubs over it's lifetime.

The scrapers are loaded 657s and the Dozers are D9s or Allis HD41s and HD31s. HD41s had 500hp.

Attachments

• 559879-Big Muskie Tub move.jpg
    559879-Big Muskie Tub move.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 713
   / Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck #34  
Oh boy. That thing is MASSIVE! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's amazing how many machines are needed to move the thing! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck #35  
I assume the tub is what the machine sits on, right? If so, how in the world do they change that out??? Talk about pulling the tablecloth out from under the dishes /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck #36  
Right you are... It's the base the machine rests and rotates on. I dunno how ya raise the machine off the base other than very carefully. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On second thought, the machine raises itself up when it "walks." Maybe just convince it to leave the tub behind, raise it to "standing", crib it up somehow and shinny the tub out underneath... This is all speculation.... My mind can be dangerous. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I used to have a more panoramic pic somewhere but it seems to have dissappeared into the vapor.

/ Small tractors are eaasier to get out when stuck #37  
That is how they do it. The machine lifts itself up then they just support it. Before they lift the machine though they unhook the tub so the Muskie lifts right off of it. Then you hook my TN up to it and tug her out /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif