Smoke, rough running and no power above an idle

/ Smoke, rough running and no power above an idle #31  
A quick search turns up lots of links. Here's one for the O.P. that sheds some light on the subject: diesel white smoke
Yep - confirms my prior experiences. In most cases, White = water, whether it is in the fuel or from coolant. In the OP's video, the white began after it was already running, which does not correlate with the air filter.

/ Smoke, rough running and no power above an idle
Their is a large mahindra dealer on i70 at the higginsville exit , Another one on hwy 50. If you search for mahindra dealers in mo quite a few will turn up.
3gunr--
Hey! Thanks for that!

/ Smoke, rough running and no power above an idle #33  
My GUESS is that a clogged air filter produces a fuel-rich exhaust which generates the white smoke. The degree of white smoke represents the amount of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. More white smoke means less fuel burned in the combustion process thereby reducing available power.

Diesels always run very lean, especially at idle or low power output. And when they run rich the smoke is black. You see that at tractor pulls.

If a clogged air filter was the problem, then the symptoms would have been consistent, not intermittent.

Your issue sounds more like a fuel problem. Some people on this forum have had intermittent problems like this which were caused by a piece of debris in the fuel tank that moved around and at times blocked the output pipe. That sounds like a difficult problem to diagnose and to fix, so hopefully it's something easier.

/ Smoke, rough running and no power above an idle
Bill,
I agree about the cause of white smoke, but I also have seen air filters where the pleated filter material had ruptured and allowed dirt into the diesel (referred as "dusting the engine". For the price of an air filter, I would not be trying to save a buck and re-use one that is how old?
Will S--

My tractor has two filters; the outer paper filter
blew the dust off and an inner filter is pristine. If not, I dilo have sey scheduled for the big Kuomatsu rosta9u5l69
It.
I am not discounting the wisdom of your advive. I'll change both. I believe I have a right to do that coming down 60. You should gey then witn ò ì
Does your Mahindra have an EGR valve? Those are the symptoms my neighbor had with his Mahindra. It took several service calls then finally a new EGR and a software update to correct the problem.

I was convinced it was a fuel filter or air filter problem.
ì
Diesels always run very lean, especially at idle or low power output. And when they run rich the smoke is black. You see that at tractor pulls.

If a clogged air filter was the problem, then the symptoms would have been consistent, not intermittent.

Your issue sounds more like a fuel problem. Some people on this forum have had intermittent problems like this which were caused by a piece of debris in the fuel tank that moved around and at times blocked the output pipe. That sounds like a difficult problem to diagnose and to fix, so hopefully it's something easier.
Will S and ericm979--

Good advice from both of you. Thanks.

I might even have what I need to replace both air (2) and fuel filters on-hand.

I did drain some fuel from the bottom of the filter and compared it to a small quantity from my supply. They appeared identical. I realize that tells me something about the fuel, but not the fuel filter.

--Bill