Smoothing a Field of Grass

/ Smoothing a Field of Grass
slopecarver, I have no desire to own a flail mower. Way too many pieces parts to maintain for my liking. That stone burier does a hellofajob! Just looks like a tiller with different type rollers to go behind it.

searcyfarms, My little 855 is a 2WD with mud grips on the back. I can stall it with a full load in the grader blade or landscape rake. I don't think it would try to pull a box blade. One of these days I hope to upgrade to a 50ish HP 4WD.

/ Smoothing a Field of Grass #12  
I have levelled multiple food plots. Install eyebolts on both ends of a railroad tie. Run a chain from each eyebolt to a disk harrow (two separate chains). Make sure you use enough chain so the tie is being pulled horizontally across the ground. A short chain will pull the tie up. Disking slow so your tie doesn't bounce. Make you second pass at 30 degrees.

/ Smoothing a Field of Grass #13  
I know this is an old thread, but thanks for the excellent tips, guys! It's good to learn new things in forums like this. Especially since I recently installed my artificial grass with It's Artificial Grass | Suppliers & Installers of Artificial Lawns | Astro Turf, and now my life is so much easier. Honestly, my garden looks so much more attractive than when there was natural grass. Now I don't need to use my lawnmower to take care of the natural grass, but still, some actions need to be taken to make the grass look good, but otherwise, I'm delighted. I suggest you try installing it sometime too.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but thanks for the excellent tips, guys! It's good to learn new things in forums like this. Especially since I recently installed my artificial grass with It's Artificial Grass | Suppliers & Installers of Artificial Lawns | Astro Turf, and now my life is so much easier. Honestly, my garden looks so much more attractive than when there was natural grass. Now I don't need to use my lawnmower to take care of the natural grass, but still, some actions need to be taken to make the grass look good, but otherwise, I'm delighted. I suggest you try installing it sometime too.
That Artificial Grass stuff looks fakey as all getout!!!

I bought a tiller to work the land over and built a homemade drag to smooth it out. Grass seems to just pop up natural without planting on my land so I guess I'm lucky.

Mowing is much smoother since this thread originated.

Clipboard03.jpg

/ Smoothing a Field of Grass #15  
Sounds like a SPAM post to me... :(

Sounds like a SPAM post to me... :(
I agree but I checked his other posts and he seemed to be on topic without repeating the fake grass plug.