Snapper SZ2654

/ Snapper SZ2654 #1  

Rhinoabe

Tractor
Yanmar
I have a snapper sz2654 that I need a pto clutch. I can't find anything online. I call snapper and they tell me I have to take it to a service center 60 miles away . It's a Walmart exclusive. Can someone please help

/ Snapper SZ2654 #2  
The closest I came was a SZ2454 and not the 26 hp version. But the SZ2654 may be a series number whereas the actually model number may be on a tag under the seat or on the frame. May start with 17 and end with 007, or start with 269

Did find a Snapper SZ2654 made by Husqvarna with model(product) number 970 44 92-01 or 97044920100 with Ogura clutch 532400008

So you could have a MTD or Husqvarna made Snapper depending on actually model number

Last edited:
   / Snapper SZ2654 #3  
I have a snapper sz2654 that I need a pto clutch. I can't find anything online. I call snapper and they tell me I have to take it to a service center 60 miles away . It's a Walmart exclusive. Can someone please help
Hey Rhinoabe ! Welcome to TBN 2 really good sources for parts are Parts Tree & Ebay I'm not familiar with the Snapper mower You are talking about & I guess it's a front engine rider & while I own a Husqvarna YTH 2348 they are Owned by B&S as well as Snapper & I have used Snapper mowers for 35 years & the one Wal-Mart sells is not of the same quality as the ones you buy from a dealer & I'm still using 2 rear engine riders 1 a 1974 & the other a 2012 ( RER ) & 2 self propelled walk behinds 1 is a 1986 & the other is a 1990 ( S/P walk behind ) I get most parts from Ebay & the rest from B&S, But do try Parts Tree just make sure your using the correct numbers & I guess that's a 26 HP 54 inch deck your working with :unsure:. & let me know if I can help You with your mower any further.
IMG_20200607_083712.jpg
IMG_20200607_083712.jpg

Last edited:
   / Snapper SZ2654 #4  
@can do Unless I am misreading Husqvarna is not owned by Briggs and Stratton. Now Snapper is but the Snapper at Walmart has been farmed out to different companies for manufacture. I have seen MTD, Husqvarna and a Chinese company with no website or dealer list anywhere in the country.

The Snapper at Walmart is kind of an exclusive brand with a special Mass merchant dealer network for parts warranty and service.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #6  
There should be a tag on the clutch which tells you exactly what you need. Drop it into a search and there ya go.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #7  
Is this the machine you have?
That is the same one I found while searching which is made by MTD, but later found a 26 hp version made by Husqvarna which was also made for Walmart. That is the reason why we really need the actual model number and not the series number. Had a guy on another site broke his transaxle in his Husqvarna and there are 29 variations of that model.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #8  
@can do Unless I am misreading Husqvarna is not owned by Briggs and Stratton. Now Snapper is but the Snapper at Walmart has been farmed out to different companies for manufacture. I have seen MTD, Husqvarna and a Chinese company with no website or dealer list anywhere in the country.

The Snapper at Walmart is kind of an exclusive brand with a special Mass merchant dealer network for parts warranty and service.
Hey RANDYT ! You are correct on B&S not owning Husqvarna they just supply engines for them! I did notice that when I Googled that Snapper model in a Husqvarna riding mower came up ( conventional ) & as far as some of these Snapper mowers being farmed out to the likes of Walmart allot of the independent Snapper dealers refuse to work on them because of the quality issues & not being sold thru them & also different parts with a low quality rating they really are hurting the brands reputation without question.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #9  
@can do A normal Snapper dealer unless they agree to participate in the mass merchant support program can't warranty the Snapper products sold at Walmart. It is kind of it own division which also includes Murray. Husqvarna also uses their own branded engines made by Rato which my understanding is no more, and LCT engines which is combined with Tecumseh through CPC. As part of the agreement with Briggs the companies that make the Murray and Snapper products for Walmart are required to use Briggs engines.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #10  
@can do A normal Snapper dealer unless they agree to participate in the mass merchant support program can't warranty the Snapper products sold at Walmart. It is kind of it own division which also includes Murray. Husqvarna also uses their own branded engines made by Rato which my understanding is no more, and LCT engines which is combined with Tecumseh through CPC. As part of the agreement with Briggs the companies that make the Murray and Snapper products for Walmart are required to use Briggs engines.
And you got wonder how many consumers are aware of this or told upon purchase & to me it's a sells ploy & the consumer thinking they are getting a good deal :unsure: & shame on B&S for for letting the brand reputation suffer on selling what I think is a knockoff of a genuine Snapper product & I have noticed at Snappers web site the majority of complaints are with mowers bought at Walmart & again shame on B&S just wanting to recoup there investment in Snapper & there bottom line & the only reason they bought up these & other companies brand was to insure the use of there engines.& Tecumseh is another story for another day.