Snapper SZ2654

/ Snapper SZ2654 #11  
That is the same one I found while searching which is made by MTD, but later found a 26 hp version made by Husqvarna which was also made for Walmart. That is the reason why we really need the actual model number and not the series number. Had a guy on another site broke his transaxle in his Husqvarna and there are 29 variations of that model.
There's also 2 versions of the 2454, one with the B&S with a stamped deck and another with a Kohler and welded deck.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #12  
And you got wonder how many consumers are aware of this or told upon purchase & to me it's a sells ploy & the consumer thinking they are getting a good deal :unsure: & shame on B&S for for letting the brand reputation suffer on selling what I think is a knockoff of a genuine Snapper product & I have noticed at Snappers web site the majority of complaints are with mowers bought at Walmart & again shame on B&S just wanting to recoup there investment in Snapper & there bottom line & the only reason they bought up these & other companies brand was to insure the use of there engines.& Tecumseh is another story for another day.
The B&S Brute name tillers and edgers are made, serviced, and warrantied by Ardisam/Earthquake. This years Brute push mowers are made, serviced, and warrantied by Amerisun products. Briggs has nothing to do with them other than having their brand name on them.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #13  
The B&S Brute name tillers and edgers are made, serviced, and warrantied by Ardisam/Earthquake. This years Brute push mowers are made, serviced, and warrantied by Amerisun products. Briggs has nothing to do with them other than having their brand name on them.
I've replaced 2 of my 4 Snappers with newer B&S engines they both have been very good replacements,The 1974 Snapper Comet RER I put on a B&S Power-Built 8HP 26 years ago it originally had a Tecumseh & last year I took it out of service for a rebuild & refurbish the whole mower & I do have a rebuild kit for the engine that will be a early to late fall project & 4 years ago on my 1986 S/P walk behind I replaced the 4HP engine with a new one I could not get a rebuild kit for it, It dropped a valve keep after 33 years of service & I still have the engine incase I find a nos rebuild kit. The 1990 S/P walk behind & 2012 RER still have there original engines & I find it way cheaper to refurbish these mowers than buy new.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #14  
@can do The old rear engine riders are about bullet proof. Not much can can't be fixed on those. The newer ones were cheapened out and not designed to last that long. Snapper started making them with a expected 5 year life span.

/ Snapper SZ2654 #15  
@can do The old rear engine riders are about bullet proof. Not much can can't be fixed on those. The newer ones were cheapened out and not designed to last that long. Snapper started making them with a expected 5 year life span.
I guess most items are meant to be trow away now days & these Snappers today are just a name anymore & made by B&S, What a shame & I'm glad I can fix mine when they need it & have the know how.