Snow blower question

/ Snow blower question #1  

Nipigonite

Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I am purchasing a BX2755HD front mount snow blower for my 2013 BX25D tractor.

The maximum rpm of my machine is about 3400. Normally I run the tractor at 2500rpm when I am operating the FEL or the backhoe.

Wondering what rpm I should be running the snow blower at.

Thanks,

Paul
Nipigon, Ontario

/ Snow blower question #3  
Just a word of advice (since this is your first post) most of us only look at the title of the thread and decide to read it or not. Adding a model number and what implement you are having a question about helps with more views...

Although, just putting a period in the title got me here, so touché, it worked!!!

/ Snow blower question #4  
Just a word of advice (since this is your first post) most of us only look at the title of the thread and decide to read it or not. Adding a model number and what implement you are having a question about helps with more views...

Although, just putting a period in the title got me here, so touché, it worked!!!

I thought it was a speck so I tried to wipe it away. Now I’m here.

/ Snow blower question #5  
Does your dash have a button to allow you to view the engine rpm or the pto output rpm?
My B2650 is 2400 rpm I believe to allow me to have the 540 output for the pto.

/ Snow blower question #6  
I am purchasing a BX2755HD front mount snow blower for my 2013 BX25D tractor.

The maximum rpm of my machine is about 3400. Normally I run the tractor at 2500rpm when I am operating the FEL or the backhoe.

Wondering what rpm I should be running the snow blower at.

Thanks,

Paul
Nipigon, Ontario
Look in the blower owner's manual. The design operating speed should be given. Normally it's 540 blower rpm. I have an old ARPS blower and my blower manual says 540 to 700 blower rpm.

/ Snow blower question
Does your dash have a button to allow you to view the engine rpm or the pto output rpm?
My B2650 is 2400 rpm I believe to allow me to have the 540 output for the pto.
The dash shows a digital readout of the engine rpm. Thanks for the advice.

/ Snow blower question
So I hooked up the BX2755HD snow blower this week to give it a try. The install was fairly easy, though I had some difficulty attaching the front shaft between the blower and the quick attachment. Should get easier with experience.

Quite impressed with the unit. It runs smoothly and throws snow up to 50 feet. I am running it at engine rpms between 2700 and 3000 for now. The owners manual specifies to run it at or near full machine rpm.

Considering a pair of ski goggles now.

Attachments

• SnowblowerB.jpg
    SnowblowerB.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 74
   / Snow blower question #9  
Run it fast enough so that your chute doesn't choke up. Depends on the moisture of snow. You don't have to run it full throttle to throw the snow 50 ft if you're happy with 20 ft.

/ Snow blower question #10  
As said above, always run the blower at full throttle. You can always adjust how much snow you put into it (how big of a bite) depending on how deep or heavy the snow is.

regarding goggles, I used to use a snowmobile helmet. Keeps your head warm and dry, can adjust the visor as needed (fogging), and helps muffle the noise.