snow blower tip

/ snow blower tip #11  
I should have mentioned that I use an 84” SnowPro low flow blower with side and rear ski-style shoes. I have the shoes adjusted so the cutting edge of the blower is above the ground 1”. When I blow, I keep ground speed slow so the blower has time keep chute clear.

/ snow blower tip #12  
the Bobcat blower only has the rear shoes and its front heavy, only my opinion but a shoes at the ends of the blower would work better for myself

/ snow blower tip #13  
I found out that using float on the Toolcat for snow blowing was not the best option since the boom angle on the Toolcats are angled down so when pushing forward it is pushing the boom down which would go against the idea of having float on. Thus, I just lower the blower so it just barely touches the ground, and that seems to work fine. If needed, I will raise in some areas of my driveway which might not be level. My 1/2 mile drive is gravel.

I was wondering about the angle of the boom being severe and "floating". My finish mower has large slots so with the boom set, the mower can still move up/down about 8 inches.

/ snow blower tip #14  
the Bobcat blower only has the rear shoes and its front heavy, only my opinion but a shoes at the ends of the blower would work better for myself

Yes, it is a poor design, it is impossible to hit the "sweet spot" so you end up wearing down the front housing very quickly. I mentioned this to my dealer and he just shrugged and said "yep that's what happens".
I built a set of rollers mounted on the inside of the blower, a complex solution but it works.
2015-02-25 14.48.45.jpg2015-02-25 18.40.14.jpg2015-02-25 18.40.17.jpg2015-02-28 07.43.16.jpg2015-02-28 07.48.49.jpg2015-02-28 07.50.59.jpg

/ snow blower tip #15  
can you shoot a photo of those "huge" skids. would like to see your design. not blowing smooth drive. mostly millings that have been packed down but still loose. no top link in this blower, its a tool cat. you are right about leaving an inch or so. been doing this for many years, just not with a tool cat. i will get it solved. only had 4 snows worth getting it out in the last 3 years so I dont have much to work with. this forum ALWAYS comes through. thanks

This may give you an idea, I just finished building new UHMW skid shoes for my MF Dozer Blade and MF Snowblower (each 4" x 10" UHMW skid shoe is the same) to replace the OEM shoes.

My driveway is gravel and I am very pleased with the results having only tried out the Dozer Blade with the new shoes so far.

Were supposed to get 18" snow tomorrow so I might be switching to the snowblower to try out the new UHMW shoes.

Here's a few pictures.

KC

MF 2340 Dozer Blade Parts Book Pg 10 .jpg 20201218_152307.jpg 20210113_164924.jpg 20210205_191537.jpg

Attachments

• 20201207_172520.jpg
    20201207_172520.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 112
   / snow blower tip
i contacted the skid guy. he dose NOT have a bobcat specific set but says that he plans on building a proto this spring. offered to help if needed. they look like they would be fantastic. will muddle by this winter and see what springs up. getting 3-5 tonight so i will be back at it in the morning. most snow we have had here in Maryland in the last 4 - 5 years. fantastic!!!!!!!!

/ snow blower tip #18  
   / snow blower tip
man i like that idea. for $50 it could sure make blowing snow a more enjoyable sport. thanks.