Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #21  
That's a strange looking Blower?? What's the logic in a pull behind Snow Blower. It just doesn't make sense to me??

You just have to try it, kco has a nice setup IMO.
Not all tractors can handle a rear pull, you need weight and power, if you have those, then there's no looking back;)

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #22  
KCO is it ever an issue going thru the snowbank at the end of a road where town/county plows
have plowed the road into the driveway?
or do you back out then drop the blower and pull forward to blow it out?

nice setup... thanks for the pics

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #23  
The grader piles at the end of the road have never been an issue, Dutch45. Although quite small in hp (38 gross/28 PTO) the DK35 is quite heavy and basically the same as the larger hp DK's up to 50 hp I believe. I have always been able to clear the grader windrow with a single pass. The chains really help, and without them there are times that would I likely need to break the windrow down with the loader first or back into them as you suggest.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L
Update for those following along. I bought the rear blower. It is currently being assembled at the dealer. I'm still keeping an eye out for a plow. I expect more decent used inventory to show up in the spring. Prices are high mid season.

Appreciate everyone's input, especially the pix

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #25  
Update for those following along. I bought the rear blower. It is currently being assembled at the dealer. I'm still keeping an eye out for a plow. I expect more decent used inventory to show up in the spring. Prices are high mid season.

Please post a photo or two once you have it.

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #26  

Congratulations, Hazmat. That will be a seriously capable outfit.

+1 on FatTire's request. Post some photos if you have time.

Cheers

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #27  
That's a strange looking Blower?? What's the logic in a pull behind Snow Blower. It just doesn't make sense to me??

Thats the normal type where i'm from. I had never seen a backwords blower like the ones that seem common in NA before I joined the forum. Over here the pull type blowers has been used by farmers since the dawn of times. The alternative is a front mounted blower. Driving backwards just doesn't seem like a good idea and wouldnt be allowed for commercial use anyways.

Just adding another way to look at it!

/Marcus

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L
Pictures as requested. Really enjoying the lift capacity and height on the new tractor.

Dealer owes me a cutting edge and hydraulic adapters from JIC to pipe thread

The straight on picture is a bit misleading, it doesn't stick past the tractor that much.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #29  
Driving backwards just doesn't seem like a good idea and wouldn't be allowed for commercial use anyways.

Just adding another way to look at it!

/Marcus
True:thumbsup:

/ Snow fighting decisions. Loader mounted straight or v plow or rear blower? Kubota L #30  
Looks good! Bet you can't wait for your next storm. In southern Colorado we are suffering a low-snow winter. My equipment is idle.