Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #21  
Yes, good luck with the 3005, it's a sweet little tractor.
Rob

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #22  
Any thoughts? I can't afford a blower but have not heard glowing reports of snow removal with FEL.

Thanks

Good = FEL
Better = front blade
Best = blower

I have a JD 4300 with FEL and front blade. We get on average 20-30 inches of snow each winter and the front blade can handle that. I've only had to use the FEL once in 10 years and that was for a 24" snow in one day. A FEL is not the best tool for snow removal on a regular basis because you have to fill the bucket then dump it somewhere ... very time consuming and hard on the tractor. Also whatever tool you decide to get, a set of chains for the tractor's rear wheels will make the job easier (especially in icy conditions).

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #23  
If you are trying to keep the cost down give the FEL bucket a try. I have a 5' power angle blade on the Honda and yes it works well for light snow, but there is a limit as to how much the little machine can push. If I'd given it a bit more thought when ordering probably should have gotten the 72" FEL bucket since snow doesn't weigh all that much. I have about 350' of drive in a "U" shape plus a large parking area and mostly use the FEL bucket with the front edge tipped slightly up and in float position.

For the drive, I make one pass right down the center and unless it's a heavy snow fall usually don't have to stop until I get to the road. Then travel down each side and just veer off to the side as required and empty the bucket. A couple of additional passes clean up any debris that fell out of the bucket on the first passes. Except as a big boy toy, local conditions would not justify a blower, either front or rear. One day I might sell the Honda and buy a FEL blade for the JD.

If you order the 3032 with a 72" bucket, I'd think you could move a lot of snow quite easily.

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #24  
JD755's pics illustrate exactly why i use/need a blower...the ridges caused by plowing would be a nightmare for me. whatever the level of the snow is, is how deep it will be in the drive way once the wind starts blowing. once you get a ridge working, the driveway will just pile in deeper and deeper.

if you don't have tons of snowfall, any of the methods should work.

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #25  
I know you will enjoy your 3032E. Congratulations on your choice. Of course post pictures when you have it.

A front blade will be convenient, but you have to be cautious with a blade on the loader. It can produce significant side forces on the loader arms. I know others here have them and can provide more usage tips.

I really liked your pictures!
Saved the one of the 755...thank you very much!

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #26  
I really liked your pictures!
Saved the one of the 755...thank you very much!

Glad you liked it Roy. That machine has served me well for very many years and been really trouble free. I still enjoy every time I use it.

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #27  
A front blade will be convenient, but you have to be cautious with a blade on the loader. It can produce significant side forces on the loader arms.
I imagine that when plowing snow more speed is used thus amplifying the forces. This must hold true for a wide bucket then too.

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #28  
I imagine that when plowing snow more speed is used thus amplifying the forces. This must hold true for a wide bucket then too.

Not really. An angled blade will tend to push the loader to one side. The force on a bucket is typically straight back toward the tractor.

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #29  
Not really. An angled blade will tend to push the loader to one side. The force on a bucket is typically straight back toward the tractor.
So i would presume that a fixed straight blade would exert no different force than a bucket.

/ Snow Push vs FEL for snow removal #30  

Wouldn't be the first time a loader frame got sprung. Deere does sell a QA front blade for the loader so I guess they have some confidence in the loader frame. It's got a tripper and, IIRC, a nonmetallic wear strip at the bottom of the blade. Pretty nice, actually...about $3K, I think.