Snow

/ Snow #31  
Same here. Predicted 1-3" turned out to be a bit over 10. :)

At least down your way folks have a good excuse, in Arkansas you don't really have anything that we New Englanders would consider "winter". No excuses up here, but we have our share of drivers who don't have a clue how to drive in snow either.
It's not the snow that gets us. It's all the ice that usually comes before it. And after

They don't have the road budget so they only treat main roads. I was actually shocked to see our road get plowed.

But that could have been one of the farmers putzing around.

/ Snow #33  
I do the same with my tractor. Make sure the battery is topped up - preheat - it fires right up.

Seems the first real snow brings out the inexperienced drivers here also. If I really have to be somewhere - wait a day or two. All those who will have accidents are already done. Traffic is much lighter and usually the more experienced drivers.
Keeps a steady stream of wrecks for the bump shops to stay in business I guess. The one I saw on I 271 the other day (taken with the Troopers camera), most of them will be headed to the salvage yard anyway.

/ Snow #34  
Snowing here again. Got about 1" last night and 3-5 more predicted. At least it's warming up a bit. Up to 22 (f). Time to break out the shorts.

/ Snow #35  
It's not the snow that gets us. It's all the ice that usually comes before it. And after
Yeah, ice is nasty. Unfortunately, even this far north we seem to be seeing more storms that are rain followed by a freeze. Add an inch or 2 of fluffy snow on top of it and things can get dicey real fast.

/ Snow #36  
Yeah, ice is nasty. Unfortunately, even this far north we seem to be seeing more storms that are rain followed by a freeze. Add an inch or 2 of fluffy snow on top of it and things can get dicey real fast.
They only treat main roads around here as well. The rest are left on their own.

So you get a thaw during the day and skating rink at night. I had to find an alternative route into work yesterday.

Police and a tow truck had the road shut down fishing someone out of the woods

I was shocked the other day when they plowed the road I live off from. Of course no sand, salt or brine was placed on top.

/ Snow
We seldom get freezing rain here. Hey - we seldom get any rain here. We can get icy road though. In the AM - before the temps get above freezing - overnight melting will be frozen on our roads.

I gave up on the local news. Sometimes its hard to tell if they are talking about what has happened OR what is going to happen.

I use the weather web site on the internet.

/ Snow #38  
Last nights snow plowing scenes

1705764286390.jpeg

Cows were really noisy during snow

1705764324945.jpeg

/ Snow #39  
We've had close to 2 feet over the last week here in the snow belt. Looks like we're done with single digit temperatures for a while now, so no real issues. The wimpy schools took advantage of the snow to close and the idiot drivers on the Interstate managed to close it for a while but things are pretty normal otherwise. Hoping it shrinks a lot next week so I don't have to put the loader back on and move the piles back.

My bird feeder doubles as a snow gauge.

feeder.jpg

/ Snow #40  
We seldom get freezing rain here. Hey - we seldom get any rain here. We can get icy road though. In the AM - before the temps get above freezing - overnight melting will be frozen on our roads.

I gave up on the local news. Sometimes its hard to tell if they are talking about what has happened OR what is going to happen.

I use the weather web site on the internet.
Local TV station had lower then normal Temps listed on the weather map that's when I realized they were listing wind chill projections inciting more doom, gloom and panic.

Noticed the same phenomenon on my weather app. The banner was showing 4° temperatures for the night.

But if you look at the hourly forecast, it was showing a projected low of 20°