Snowblower Hydraulic Chute Rotator

/ Snowblower Hydraulic Chute Rotator #11  
there'sa welded nut on the side of the chute the cable ties to.

/ Snowblower Hydraulic Chute Rotator #12  
Cheap and cheerful chute turner mod with minimal welding required. If you run past the cable limits you break the cable and get to fix it. I seem to manage this about once a season.

I replaced the hand crank with a short shaft and used a lovejoy coupler to take up any mis-alignment between the hydraulic motor and chute turner shaft. The motor was a spare I had kicking around, you don't need anything fancy or expensive. Slower speed motor is easier to control.

Here's a nice trick - I added UHMW tape I bought off amazon as a UHMW sliding surface to stop ice from binding in the chute rotator. Works better than lube sprays and has lasted 3 season so far.

I may try the UHMW tape on mine, although I'm not really experiencing and problems. Did your blower come with the plastic ring that the chute actually sits on? I suspect that would allow the chute to rotate much easier.
I went the lazy route when I added hydraulics to my LuckNow blower by buying the manufacturers kit. The cable is on a large half moon pulley driven by a standard cylinder. As much as I like my blower, it was a royal pain to get the parts from Canada.

/ Snowblower Hydraulic Chute Rotator #13  
I may try the UHMW tape on mine, although I'm not really experiencing and problems. Did your blower come with the plastic ring that the chute actually sits on? I suspect that would allow the chute to rotate much easier.
I went the lazy route when I added hydraulics to my LuckNow blower by buying the manufacturers kit. The cable is on a large half moon pulley driven by a standard cylinder. As much as I like my blower, it was a royal pain to get the parts from Canada.
The plastic ring is homebrew from an old HDPE/UHMW water jug.

I was finding the chute would ice up where I put the UHMW tape in certain weather conditions. The tape and plastic ring makes a nice bearing and no more icing or paint wear issues.

I've seen the half moon solution. I already had a motor and coupler on the shelf and replacing the hand crank was the simplist fabrication for me.

/ Snowblower Hydraulic Chute Rotator #14  
I got a good buy on a Meteor blower came with hydraulics but no rears on my Kubota. Ran it with a hand crank the first year. Picked up a cheap Harbor Freight winch under $50 built a mount and it works great. Works with cable and friction.

/ Snowblower Hydraulic Chute Rotator #15  
Anyone have a spec for the hydraulic motor you would use on one of these? I have rear remotes.

/ Snowblower Hydraulic Chute Rotator #16  
I used this kit on my Woods RM72 snow thrower:

It wasn't that much more than buying the motor and mount parts plus it includes the hyd. hoses and a chute deflector as well.