snowblower modification?

/ snowblower modification? #1  

raykos

Silver Member
Tractor
JD2305
Hello all,

I have a snowblower with that uses a hand crank to change the direction of the discharge chute. Does anyone know how to add a little motor and switch to be able to change directions electrically? Or, if someone could direct me to a site that may cover this subject?

Thanks,
Ray

/ snowblower modification? #3  
Here is a pic of my project to mount a power window motor in place of the hand crank on my Inland snowblower. I still need the swithch to operate it but it works great when I test it with a 12 volt battery. I better get going it's starting to get cold so the snow can't be too far off.:eek:

Attachments

• Chute Motor.JPG
    Chute Motor.JPG
    289.1 KB · Views: 1,606
   / snowblower modification? #4  
Probably the cheapest and easiest method, I think is to use one of those import ATV winches (eg Cosco, about $50 ish).

Mount the ATV winch vertically with the drum about centered with the base of the snow shoot.

Wrap the winch cable no less than 2 turns around the shoot base and calculate the nember of turns around the winch drum needed to make a complete revolution of the snow shoot..

You would need to wind the cableon the winch first and with the balance then making one complete turn from both directions around the base of the shoot.
Where the ends meet simply clamp the cable ends to the shoot and voila!

I used a wheelchair motor for it's low RPM's and torque as back then import ATV winches did not exist.
But those ATV winches simply cry out to be used on snow blowers.

Around here lots of guys use them to remotely roll back their dump truck tarps as tarps are required by law on the highway. Saves them climbing up and down to hand crank the tarps.