Snowblowing rules of thumb

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #111  
You mean like right across from one side to the other? I would have to cut a hole to access the chute crank.

Yes, mine was from side to side and the height of the roll bay. I had dual remotes on my tractor and could change chute direction and the deflector hydraulically, but a hole could be made to reach the crank for the chute. I had a piece of plywood about 6" wide attached in the top of the roll bar with u-bolts, and mounted rear lights and a rotating orange light, complete with a box for the light switches. There were two wires with male and female plugs going to the battery so it was easy to remove the lights when not needed.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #112  
Yes, mine was from side to side and the height of the roll bay. I had dual remotes on my tractor and could change chute direction and the deflector hydraulically, but a hole could be made to reach the crank for the chute. I had a piece of plywood about 6" wide attached in the top of the roll bar with u-bolts, and mounted rear lights and a rotating orange light, complete with a box for the light switches. There were two wires with male and female plugs going to the battery so it was easy to remove the lights when not needed.

OK thanks, Kubotafan. Will have a look at my clearance, because I have to look back when I am blowing, and I usually put my elbow over the back of my seat. Also, I have to check the price of plexiglass around here. It could get very expensive.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #113  
By the way, if you do you have significant wind, what I do is just point the chute deflector down as far as I can, so it blows the snow right beside you, but far enough away so it’s not going to fall back onto the road again. That way, the ejected snow has very little time to be caught by the wind.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #114  
OK thanks, Kubotafan. Will have a look at my clearance, because I have to look back when I am blowing, and I usually put my elbow over the back of my seat. Also, I have to check the price of plexiglass around here. It could get very expensive.

It cost me close to $100.00 for the plexiglass and u-bolts but it was well worth the price (much cheaper than a cab!!!). I also used some rubber gas line over the u-bolt to protect the paint on the roll bar.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #116  
Snow blowing rule #1: Without a cab, snow blowing follows the same rules as pissing into the wind. Rule #2: Rear blowers simulate strychnine poisoning and make you eligible for PTSD compensation.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #117  
I read most of these postings, a lot are similar and interesting.

When in New England, on the coast, we missed a lot of storms but when we would get snow it was a doosie.
The Walk Behind Snapper Snow Blower would get a work out but she would cut through and worth every penny I paid for her but I always wanted a Tractor with Snow Blower in front.
I got the Tractor but no snow blower, the FEL worked out so well I never thought about paying the extra cash for the Blower and Front Drive System, well I thought about it but never needed to spend the money.

I always found the best idea of keeping less from hitting you, Rue of Thumb - When blowing snow, work with the wind, never blow snow into the wind, that goes off other things too, and when you can't use the wind... keep the chute low (that's works really good most of the time but with wet snow you need as straight a shot as possible).

I now live in SoCal, family, but I see pictures of the Front End Snow Blowers and think I would like to be back in New England blowing snow... NOT !

I don't miss it, but do think of the fun I had moving it.

God Bless all, keep safe when blowing snow, and keep a can of WD-40 around the blower, it is the best thing I found to keep the chute clear and next best is PAM, I like her and keep her close too; PAM and WD works on shovels too or even FEL Buckets.

One last remembrance, "I used to love, yes LOVE, going out after the storm to clear the snow"... especially when the snow was just the right wetness and no wind and the sun was shining. The chute was straight as possible, and the snow would come out if there and blow so high in the air, maybe 15-20 feet, maybe less, (I'm trying to remember here)... ! No matter how high it really went it seemed very high and it was a sight to see that snow with the sun shining through.
Then the Tractor came, clearing snow got faster and I helped a lot more people on the road I lived on, so in the long run, the tractor was a boom for myself and the neighborhood. Probably would have gotten in trouble using the snow blower but that to could have been fun to me.

Thx for reading, have a good day.

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #118  
Any time on a tractor is good, but I probably enjoy snow the most. C'mon lets get this hot weather behind us:)

Attachments

• B2.JPG
    B2.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 467
   / Snowblowing rules of thumb #119  
Snow blowing rule #1: Without a cab, snow blowing follows the same rules as pissing into the wind. Rule #2: Rear blowers simulate strychnine poisoning and make you eligible for PTSD compensation.

The rear blower doesn't bother me. I sit sideways in the seat so I'm not straining my neck looking directly behind me

/ Snowblowing rules of thumb #120  
0000 i think it wouldn't you want 0 moreno and 0000 moreand 0the auto show tool into your 0 and 0919F 000 it 0 in