Sold Deere Purchase 2015 NX6010

/ Sold Deere Purchase 2015 NX6010 #31  
When a lot of folks are making "fixes" I have to wonder if the factory is paying attention. Might be a good opportunity for someone to go into business selling skid plates and such: I've got heavy gauge aluminum skid plates on my cars; cracking an oil pan at 70mph isn't pretty; and after popping off the main hydraulic return line on my B7800 I can say that losing a lot of important fluid out of a tractor ain't any better! (if it's subject to breakage it'll break on me!)

/ Sold Deere Purchase 2015 NX6010 #32  
View attachment 476828Uploaded few pics while cleaning the tractor today, thought perspective owners might like to see everything. Sunk it to the frame in front working drainage with all the rain.
The reverse pedal felt sponge to me and while cleaning, I found it was hitting two different hoses. One the front and another new the back, simple zip tie fixed it. I will try and upload videos tomorrow. In the pictures you can see its leaking little oil but not a bid deal, jk lol. Changed wife's trans and engine oil today.

Kioti NX61 by harrisonfarmandcountry | Photobucket

I agree with your conclusion. In 2014 I talked to my dealer and explained how the loader hoses could get hit by the HST pedals and how I had made a bracket that acted and a loom to keep the hoses from rubbing. I posted everything in the My NX6010 thread.

16240236016_533d9f3b26_o.jpg

/ Sold Deere Purchase 2015 NX6010 #33  
Hey, kapper and kromc5, I'm contemplating purchasing an NX5510 HST (non-cab) and am a bit worried about how well stuff down below the operators platform are protected. I see that there's an hydraulic filter that sticks out on the right side of the tractor just below the platform and that the lines to it are also fairly exposed. Is this the same on the NX6010? If so, have either of you had problems damaging this or anything else that is a bit unprotected? (I took a look at an Kubota MX5200 and there's very little that's exposed to taking a direct hit.) There's another guy with, I think, an NX6010 (or maybe NX5510?), "eric" I believe, that had damage to his fuel tank.

I know that I ought not beat the heck out of new and expensive machine, but I'm afraid that I might not be able to help myself! I work everything really hard, though I am very good with maintenance.

My current tractor, Kubota B7800, has been put through bloody ****. I managed to slightly crush/misshape the hydraulic hard return line as it ran under one of the filters back up and under the tractor near the real wheels (a spot that I'd say is a bit more protected than what I'm seeing on the NX5510). I was once left stranded due to having a hose pop off the hard return line (it was up inside the middle frame channel and a piece of salmon berry pushed itself in there smack-dab on the edge of the hose and pushed it off); only time that I was left stranded; while not exactly being broken, it nonetheless was a failure to continue to operate: kapper, like you I am hampered quite a bit by weather- I get upwards of 70" of rain annually- I have to make the most of when the weather is conducive to tractor work, can't have the tractor breaking down on me.
DieselBound, I have not got around to trying to make skid plates or protectors, and thus far I have not damaged anything, and like you, mine gets put through some tough *** chores! :). However, I did protect virtually all of my hydraulic lines with Velcro add-on line protectors. I have no doubt that they have already saved me several times from a torn line. Also, the filers seem to be 'out in the open,' but they are not as bad as they seem. They are open so that you can change them easy, but they are 'somewhat' tucked up and in. The Kioti has a weird frame that juts out underneath and runs the length of the body front to back, so it kind of protects from larger things underneath. I have just learned to try to be a little more cautious with the underbody, but I still often accidentally run over stuff. But if you have a loader (and I definitely recommend a 4 in 1 bucket) you can and should just remove any hazard that is in your way!! :). I've got 400 hours now on the Kioti and haven't broken anything underneath! Good luck!

/ Sold Deere Purchase 2015 NX6010 #34  
When a lot of folks are making "fixes" I have to wonder if the factory is paying attention. Might be a good opportunity for someone to go into business selling skid plates and such: I've got heavy gauge aluminum skid plates on my cars; cracking an oil pan at 70mph isn't pretty; and after popping off the main hydraulic return line on my B7800 I can say that losing a lot of important fluid out of a tractor ain't any better! (if it's subject to breakage it'll break on me!)
I WILL BUY A SET OF QUICK BOLT ON SKID PLATES FROM WHOEVER MAKES THEM!!!! :)

/ Sold Deere Purchase 2015 NX6010
Here's of few pics of my belly pan that I did, very simple had a square piece of left of material. I look under the tractor this morning and no dents surprising since its so thin.
DSC00001.JPGDSC00002.JPGDSC00003.JPGDSC00001.JPGDSC00002.JPGDSC00003.JPG

EricTheOracle

The bracket looks very nice, wish I could learn to weld as it could really come in handy.

I would definitely as well, the center line underneath has locations for bolt holes, but I wonder it they are for the backhoe. Which is something I'm saving up for as it would really help on a lot of my jobs.

/ Sold Deere Purchase 2015 NX6010 #38  

I checked with someone I know that makes them for another market (I've got their product on two of my cars; they're an exceptional small company and I think them quite worthy of soliciting from- note that I have no stake in/with them, just like them and their products). Quick response (and I mean QUICK!) is that they'd really consider tooling up if they knew there was a market for at least 300.

Not sure if many have thought of this but I have always kept a 1lb extinguisher in my 4320 and 2lb on my rentals. Looking over the nx I though i could get away with a 4lb on the back and it did fit perfectly. I could even cut some aluminum and raise it a few more inches. I have never had it happen but I always pick up an equipment trader magazine when I go into town. I have found it to have burned up tractors and few advertisements that specialize in buying tractors that have been char-grilled. I picked up a large stick once in the 416 and realized it about hour later when I noticed fuel consumption was to high. Luckily it was going straight to the ground and did not result in a fire. I would always recommend you have an extinguisher close at all times. Nothing comes close to hitting the 4lb currently, I have a small zip tie on it and it has stayed on with no issues. The new one even came with a sticker I could place on the tractor so I would not forget where it was, jk. I'm thinking I may cut some aluminum to move it up and over a few inches though.
DSC00001.JPGDSC00002.JPG

Last edited:
Mulch pile was about to take over the driveway so I moved it back about 24 feet. Really enjoying the tractor it has tons of power and so far runs perfectly.
Even with the grill full of mulch the temps did not move at all. The diff lock is easier to hold down as well compared the the 4320.
DSC00003.JPGDSC00004.JPGDSC00005.JPGDSC00006.JPGDSC00011.JPGDSC00012.JPGDSC00013.JPGzSC00001.JPG