Solenoid valves

/ Solenoid valves #1  

SpudHauler

Gold Member
Tractor
RTV1100 2009
Want to use one spool to control two push/pull cylinders.

Have used the 12V Dc 2 position 6 way selector valve.

Could I have used 2 of the 12V oc da solenoid valve?

Does anyone have a picture of the other side of this valve?

Solenoid valve Surplus Center.jpgSelector Valve Princess Auto.jpg

/ Solenoid valves #2  
Judging from where the mounting holes are, in your pic the other side would be blank - the BOTTOM would look just like the top. (That's if they're stackable)

I have two of these

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...-2-GPM-SAE-8-DOUBLE-SELECTOR-VALVE-9-7852.axd

for controlling a grapple and a sickle bar cutter (haven't started that project yet) - on mine, they have 4 mounting holes and the far side looks just like the near side. The two pairs of side ports come with o-rings for stacking, otherwise the ports are ALSO threaded for #8 SAE connections.

Near/far side ports are "default", meaning they're open to each other with no power applied. The ports on top are connected to the near side ports (as shown in the pic) when 12vdc is applied.

You can stack as many as you can fit/afford, default flow is thru the whole stack (and presumably back to where your input lines ORIGINALLY went) - then all you need are switches to choose WHERE you divert the flow, if you're using more than one.

Good thing about selector valves - unlike most "control" valves, ALL ports are rated for full pressure. Also, if you're clever enough, you can mount them closest to their source/destinations, so you run SHORT hoses and LONG WIRES. Much easier and cheaper plumbing.

If you click the "more specs" tab on that link, it brings up a pdf of drawing.

HTH... Steve

BTW, your first pic shows a valve that looks like it (a) needs TWO switches, changing state ONLY when you apply 12vdc to one coil or the other, and (b) also looks like it requires a BASE PLATE, which costs extra AND limits you to the # of valves you can add. Your second pic is similar to the ones I have, but does NOT look like it's stackable.

/ Solenoid valves
JJ,
It's the other valve I'm looking at.

Looking at a plow control where 4 of these would control the pressure to cylinders for up/down/left/right through a 4 way toggle switch.

Solenoid valve Surplus Center.jpg