Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #11  
My electric company pays 50.00 for old refrigerators.!!!
I guess that’s 1 way to keep’m outta the woods..

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield
I told them that they needed to get the stuff reloaded on their trailer if they didn’t want to get cited. They did get it all back on their trailer so it accomplished what I wanted.

Took then a good hour to get their truck unstuck.

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield
Out here in the County we get a “free”dump card for our property. We can take 5 loads per month to the dump and just get our card punched. I say “free” as we are actually charged on our property taxes annually, but it is a minimal fee.

If you want pickup service, we hire Burrtec locally which is the County franchise holder for weekly pickup of trash and recycle. The include large pickup such as refrigerators or mattresses for “free”. Just call them and put it out at the curb.

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #14  
Likely an incentive to get people using more efficient appliances?

At least until they quit and can't be repaired, just after the warranty runs out.

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #15  
So Cal Edison was giving a $50 rebate 23 yrs ago when we moved in. The house included a refrigerator which was dead upon our arrival. The dump is 40 miles away which is a problem as many people prefer to side road dump rather than make the drive and pay high fees. I have a dumped mess to clean up this weekend on our road. :confused:

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #16  
Just in the local news yesterday. Guy finds where somebody had dumped a bunch of construction materials along the road he lives on. He calls the police and they search through it and find a bar code for a local lumber company. They check the bar code and it shows who bought the it. They police go to the house, which is still being built and confront the owner. Turned out that the owner had hired a neighbor to haul the materials to the dumps. He pocketed the cash and dumped everything on the side of the road.

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #17  

“Appliances must be full-sized and in working condition at the time of pickup (the compressor should still be humming and the unit should still be cooling) because we seek to remove old, inefficient appliances from the grid.”

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #18  
My old appliances go to a neighbor a couple miles down the road. When he gets a trailer load, they head for the scrapyard to raise a few dollars to support his habit. (for the record, ammo supports his habit).
I wonder why more people don't do that!
David from jax

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #19  
I see stuff along the interstates occasionally - little piles of tires or mattresses and stuff like that. I figure the person pulled over in the middle of the night like their vehicle was disabled and quickly unloaded their junk then took off.

/ Sometimes your the bug, sometimes the windshield #20  
The empty building across the street from mine used to grow mattresses. There was quite a big pile. The only thing we could figure was someone was getting paid to dispose of them and pocketed the money and left them to be someone else's problem. The guy that owned the building paid twice to have the mess cleaned up.