Space heater

/ Space heater #21  
LOL, when you get to a certain age your prostate will wake you on schedule about every 3-4 hours and that's not to remind you to feed the stove.

Reminds of an acquaintance of ours, she is not the sharpest knife in the block and likes to impress everyone with her wealth of knowledge, I was complaining to a group at a BBQ about having to stop for a pee every hour when driving and getting no warning, said I had to pull over and make a desperate dash to relieve myself, Madam X was there and said 'Prostrate' I replied 'no, standing up' much to the delight of all the blokes there.

/ Space heater #24  
. 1300W and 1500w is a measurement of power , not temperature .

You're technically right but unless you reduce the fan speed the out coming air temperature will be less. Even if you reduce the fan speed to keep the out coming air temperature the same the room temperature will be less.

/ Space heater #25  
You're technically right but unless you reduce the fan speed the out coming air temperature will be less. Even if you reduce the fan speed to keep the out coming air temperature the same the room temperature will be less.
The room temperature will be the same if you don’t change the thermostat, it will just take longer to get to the temperature setting on the lower wattage and less time on the upper wattage. Unless the lower wattage can not reach the temperature setting.

/ Space heater #26  
The room temperature will be the same if you don’t change the thermostat, it will just take longer to get to the temperature setting on the lower wattage and less time on the upper wattage. Unless the lower wattage can not reach the temperature setting.

I was assuming that the space heater was running non stop and never reached the desired temperature. That's a likely event for trying to heat a whole house with a heater that small. And I understand he's not trying to heat a whole house. Just keep it a little warmer after the fire burns out.

/ Space heater #27  
Drink a couple of cups of tea just before bedding down. Then throw a couple of fresh logs in the fire when you get up to go to the can, three times.

This is the system that I use! :laughing:

I also use a pair of long-gauntlet welders gloves to put the wood in, especially at those morning times when I'm not quite awake.

/ Space heater #28  
Plus one on oil filled heaters, I had some chicks die in my coop when it got crazy cold a few years ago, put a oil filled radiant heat, heater in there on low setting maybe number 2 or 3, just enough to keep the coop 35-40 when it was negative digits outside.

Anyone that’s had chickens, they are not graceful flyers and run into things, they fly on top of the heater and knock it against the wall, it’s a safe heater.

If tipped over they shut off, no exposed heating elements to catch things on fire, it didn’t catch my chicken coop on fire with kiln dried pine bedding, feathers and chicken crap.