SSQA FEL snowplow build

/ SSQA FEL snowplow build
Thanks Paul. Like I said, I am no pro and a close examination would certainly show that, but it will do the job. Thanks for your help and photos of your setup. Obviously this is pretty much a copy of your design, with the main differences being due to the different plow I started with.

Based on a quick trial on bare ground, I agree that the rear shoes are very much needed. In float mode it tends to sit on all 4 of them, probably due to the weight of the whole setup. Those back corners would be seriously digging in otherwise. We'll see how the 1st winter goes...

LD1: ...Perhaps more like a 30/30 job, by your measures :D

/ SSQA FEL snowplow build #32  
Thanks Paul. Like I said, I am no pro and a close examination would certainly show that, but it will do the job. Thanks for your help and photos of your setup. Obviously this is pretty much a copy of your design, with the main differences being due to the different plow I started with.

Based on a quick trial on bare ground, I agree that the rear shoes are very much needed. In float mode it tends to sit on all 4 of them, probably due to the weight of the whole setup. Those back corners would be seriously digging in otherwise. We'll see how the 1st winter goes...

LD1: ...Perhaps more like a 30/30 job, by your measures :D

Ah Dave don't be to hard on yourself. It sure looks good from the view of my monitor :)
You did a great job and I tip my lid to you. It's a pile of work to do that sort of thing and it's only those of us that done it can relate to it.
You just know I'll be wanting to see a video of you using it when the snow flys :thumbsup:
Thanks also for your kind remarks on my work ;)

/ SSQA FEL snowplow build #33  
Paul,

With all due respect and commendation on a job well done to the OP, would you be so kind (either here or a in new post) as to elaborate on the poly skin concept, where to obtain them, and how to install them?

Thank you sir.

One of the most beneficial features with my own set up I've found is the poly skin on the blade. Around here we can get wet snow that really sticks to steel blades but can't to the poly meterial.

/ SSQA FEL snowplow build #34  
Paul,

With all due respect and commendation on a job well done to the OP, would you be so kind (either here or a in new post) as to elaborate on the poly skin concept, where to obtain them, and how to install them?

Thank you sir.

Here you go my friend.

Arctic Poly Skin