Stake Pocket D-Ring

/ Stake Pocket D-Ring #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
I don't recall ever hearing anyone talk about this product before, so I thought I'd share this video with you:

Seems like a good idea...Just not sure if a stake pocket would be strong enough to take the force of 12k pounds???

/ Stake Pocket D-Ring #2  
I saw that when I ordered my trailer and it looked pointless to me. I just wrap the chain around both sides of the stake pocket.

/ Stake Pocket D-Ring #3  
I see where that could be a handy widget. Did I miss how much those are?

/ Stake Pocket D-Ring #4  
Why not jsut put your strap or chain in the pocket under the edge? Im sure they want at least $30 for those!! They are neat though.

/ Stake Pocket D-Ring #5  
looks like a solution to a problem that doesnt exist.

Every trucker in the world uses the stake pockets or rub rail as a tie down point for chains and straps.

pass the strap/chain down through the pocket and clip on the out side.

/ Stake Pocket D-Ring #8  
good try to make a buck. But a D ring has to be a few dollars the pin a few more and the steel a dollar or so plus weld time. @ $25 there not getting rich?

Probly sell them to those rich yuppie type that are either too stupid to figure the way every one else does it or they like to have every gadget and to not scrach their trailer paint.

/ Stake Pocket D-Ring #10  
A primary reason that I could see using the stake pocket rings instead of the stake pockets themselves is to prevent ripping the stake pockets up by bending them and scratching off the paint with a chain. Additionally, not all of the larger chain hooks may fit through some stake pockets but will most likely slip over the end of a ring.

I would gladly pay $100 - $150 for a a set of four to prevent destroying the stake pockets and prematurely rotting out my trailer.