Stall Guard indicator light

/ Stall Guard indicator light #1  

riverpro

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
Just quick question. I recently have taken delivery of a new L5460. During drop off the salesman went through a few quick things and mentioned that the Stall Guard light stays illuminated all the time. Does this sound right? Up to now all I've done is drove down and back my driveway and parked it in my shed. I didn't push any buttons to try to see if it would turn off. I'd assume if it's lit up then its enabled? Just didn't seem right that it should stay lit anytime tractor is running. Extreme cold as in -27 last night has set in so I'm waiting for a bit of a warm up before I mess with it. Does your Stall Guard light stay on whether you enabled it or not? Thanks in advance!!

/ Stall Guard indicator light #2  
I believe he is mistaken. Otherwise what is the point of the indicator light? I usually keep Stall Guard turned on due to the thick & heavy grass I mow. It slows the tractor ground speed when it kicks in, almost to a stop at times. See page 45 in the owners manual.
It's available for download from the Canadian Kubota website in pdf format if needed.

/ Stall Guard indicator light #3  
I've have it enabled on my machine but rarely pay attention to it. It destrokes the HST drive if the engine lugs to much. It prevents the engine from stalling occasionally, but I don't pay much attention to the dash.

/ Stall Guard indicator light #4  
The stall guard light was on when I took delivery of my L6060HSTC last month. I haven't tried disabling it since it is quite useful when plowing heavy snow. I'll try turning it off the next time I use the tractor. It could be soon since we're expecting another foot of snow tomorrow.

/ Stall Guard indicator light #5  
I am almost positive you can cut off. I would check but my tractor is 45 minutes away. I played with all the features when I first got my tractor and now I just use it.

/ Stall Guard indicator light #6  
Just quick question. I recently have taken delivery of a new L5460. During drop off the salesman went through a few quick things and mentioned that the Stall Guard light stays illuminated all the time. Does this sound right? Up to now all I've done is drove down and back my driveway and parked it in my shed. I didn't push any buttons to try to see if it would turn off. I'd assume if it's lit up then its enabled? Just didn't seem right that it should stay lit anytime tractor is running. Extreme cold as in -27 last night has set in so I'm waiting for a bit of a warm up before I mess with it. Does your Stall Guard light stay on whether you enabled it or not? Thanks in advance!!

Stall guard can be turned off and the indicator lamp will go out when you do.

Procedures are in the Owner's Manual.

SDT

/ Stall Guard indicator light #7  
What, read the manual???:laughing:

/ Stall Guard indicator light #8  
You paid big $$ for the 'Grand L' HST/PLUS transmission.

Read your Operator's Manual. Highlight.

I have Stall Guard engaged whenever the engine is running.

/ Stall Guard indicator light #9  
if you have stall guard on and manually switch to low gear I believe the light stays on or flashes until you switch it back to H

/ Stall Guard indicator light #10  
Like SDT says, light on means you have the stall guard, for which you paid big $$$, enabled. Turn it off and you don’t have a Grand L anymore.