Starlink

/ Starlink #2,721  
I have several small UPS systems scattered across my house. One kept beeping yesterday so I bypassed it. At least 3 needs new batteries.
I do have starlink on a surge suppressor.

I just noticed starlink router network is not showing up, I’m on my LTE network. Not going to get out of bed to investigate.

/ Starlink #2,722  
Got it to connect with starlink, but here is speed test
IMG_5454.JPG

/ Starlink #2,723  
Back in May, I saw this Starlink dish installed on the cap of a pickup at a trailhead in Canyonlands NP:

P1040126a.jpg

From the looks of the gear in the bed, the owners were using it as a mini camper. They must REALLY need their internet!

I wanted to ask how well the setup worked but they were out on the trail somewhere.

/ Starlink #2,724  
Where I live, VOIP is the only phone service. If you don't have internet, communication is almost nonexistent. With a Wilson signal amp, the cell phone will send and receive texts but not phone calls. With WiFi it behaves like a normal cell phone.

/ Starlink #2,725  
I think this has been mentioned a few times, so I'll just confirm it.
During heavy storms Starlink will loose signal, just lost it for about 15 minutes during a heavy squall.
We got over an inch in 15 minutes.

/ Starlink #2,727  
I recall mine rebooting a couple of times when the power to the house flickered. It caused a factory reset once. So I purchased a $60 600VA UPS to combat the issue. We have a lot of frequent and strong thunderstorms in the SE during the summers.
Have you thought of getting a "whole house surge protector"?
IF you can install it yourself it's not very expensive. They run about $150 for the actual item.

/ Starlink #2,728  
My experience with sat tv is any significant rain impacts reception…

/ Starlink #2,729  
My SL seems way less sensitive to rain than my Dish TV

/ Starlink #2,730  
My SL seems way less sensitive to rain than my Dish TV
Same here.
Very heavy rain or snow will reduce Starlink speeds but rarely interrupt service completely.
Dish TV, on the other hand, goes out in moderate rain.