Starlink

/ Starlink #1,451  
I just checked Starlink site for my address and it went from mid to late 2021 to early to mid 2022

/ Starlink #1,452  
I just checked Starlink site for my address and it went from mid to late 2021 to early to mid 2022
Well that certainly sucks. Just checked mine out of curiosity. It still shows mid/late 2021. Hoping it's like next week, lol. Getting tired of paying Dish 115 a month when I could just be downloading everything for way less.

/ Starlink #1,453  
I have two: one says mid-to-late 2021 and the other says late 2021.

/ Starlink #1,454  
I presume you put a cell antenna / repeater at the top of the hill? Can you share what equipment you used? Not exactly sure how you are using a fiber connection for this but I could potentially do the same.

I will ask him tonight what he used exactly.
I do know that he has no cell antenna or booster yet.
He ran a transformer to step the voltage down instead of an inverter to cut power losses.
We looked into trying to run cell service thru the fiber but the cost is ridiculous. So he uses wifi calling on his phone.

/ Starlink #1,455  
I will ask him tonight what he used exactly.
I do know that he has no cell antenna or booster yet.
He ran a transformer to step the voltage down instead of an inverter to cut power losses.
We looked into trying to run cell service thru the fiber but the cost is ridiculous. So he uses wifi calling on his phone.
Interesting. An inverter would suggest DC to AC conversion, but a transformer only works with AC, so maybe dropping AC voltage down then rectifying to DC?

/ Starlink #1,456  
My son used a Netgear LB1120 modem which he says has been discontinued by Netgear and replaced by LM1200.

Two - 10G Tek ethernet media converters LC fiber spf included.

DC to DC voltage buck converter adjustable.

LANshack fiber
6 strand indoor/outdoor single mode preterminated LC UPC full duplex

The modem runs on 12 volt but the media converter is 5 volt thus the converter.

I think everything was from Amazon except for the fiber.

/ Starlink #1,457  
My son used a Netgear LB1120 modem which he says has been discontinued by Netgear and replaced by LM1200.

Two - 10G Tek ethernet media converters LC fiber spf included.

DC to DC voltage buck converter adjustable.

LANshack fiber
6 strand indoor/outdoor single mode preterminated LC UPC full duplex

The modem runs on 12 volt but the media converter is 5 volt thus the converter.

I think everything was from Amazon except for the fiber.
Surprisingly you can run most consumer electronics with a wall wart power supply of '
"12 volt" automotive power. I've ran a bunch of network gear rated for 5 to 14 v just fine off car voltage. Kept expecting for things to not work or let the smoke out, but never had a problem. Probably not the best plan for maximum life or reliability though.

After years of poking wall wart power supplies with a multimeter it's surprising how many are off their rated voltage by a volt or 2. Makes you realize how low precision they are & how tolerant electronics need to be.

/ Starlink #1,458  
Surprisingly you can run most consumer electronics with a wall wart power supply of '
"12 volt" automotive power. I've ran a bunch of network gear rated for 5 to 14 v just fine off car voltage. Kept expecting for things to not work or let the smoke out, but never had a problem. Probably not the best plan for maximum life or reliability though.

After years of poking wall wart power supplies with a multimeter it's surprising how many are off their rated voltage by a volt or 2. Makes you realize how low precision they are & how tolerant electronics need to be.

My son said he thought about just running it on 12 volts that it would probably have done just fine. But he likes to play with things.
When my brick on a leash for my laptop died I cut the end off crimped a couple of spade ends on and used my Porter Cable batteries to run it. Worked great.

/ Starlink #1,459  
My son said he thought about just running it on 12 volts that it would probably have done just fine. But he likes to play with things.
When my brick on a leash for my laptop died I cut the end off crimped a couple of spade ends on and used my Porter Cable batteries to run it. Worked great.
Lol, made a corded battery for some Ryobi One+ gear out of an old 18.5v laptop power supply & a shell of a dead battery

/ Starlink #1,460  
I live in northeastern PA. When I go on the Starlink home page and enter my address, it also says "early to mid 2022" However, when I sign on to my Starlink account, it still says "mid to late 2021" ??

Unfortunately, I suspect the dates have slipped well into 2022.