Starlink

/ Starlink #3,211  
Today marks the start of a new HughesNet billing cycle, and coincidently the start of StarLink Residential service six months ago. I'd been keeping HughesNet in reserve in case problems developed with Starlink, and so far at least Starlink is meeting all of my Internet needs. Now, after twenty-three minutes on the phone suffering through excuses and delays, I was able to cancel the HughesNet service. I just kept repeating "Please cancel my service" whenever another option was trotted out. The rep got the last word when she told me I could reactivate the service within 45 days with no charge. Yeah, when pigs fly...
Now all you have to do is move without a forwarding address to be free of hughesnet!
I quit HN 12 yrs ago and they are still spamming my mailbox with offers for more pathetic internet service.

/ Starlink #3,212  
Today marks the start of a new HughesNet billing cycle, and coincidently the start of StarLink Residential service six months ago. I'd been keeping HughesNet in reserve in case problems developed with Starlink, and so far at least Starlink is meeting all of my Internet needs. Now, after twenty-three minutes on the phone suffering through excuses and delays, I was able to cancel the HughesNet service. I just kept repeating "Please cancel my service" whenever another option was trotted out. The rep got the last word when she told me I could reactivate the service within 45 days with no charge. Yeah, when pigs fly...

When you ship the required hardware back to them, make sure you keep the shipping receipt. The guy at UPS told me to do so. He was a past customer of HN. Lol

/ Starlink #3,213  
Hughesnet told us to keep our equipment in case the next resident wanted to use it.
I put it in the dumpster where it belonged.

/ Starlink #3,214  
Dishy is mounted to the furthest out pole on our 100' dock. Only place to get no obstructions. Starlink router is sitting in a box with battery backup, starlink router, starlink ethernet port adaptor and fiberoptic adaptor about 120' from dishy. Nearest outlet is the GFCI one at the shore end of the dock. Box with everything in it is over 150' from the house, which is one reason why I am using fiber to get the internet signal into the house. Our house has aluminum siding so wifi signal doesn't get in or out of the house. I don't know if we have enough extension cords to get power from the house out to the box.
Ah. That's a unique situation. Throws a wrench into things. Sounds like you have a good handle on things. Only thing I could offer as additional suggestion would be to put some type of notification device on that same GFCI circuit which could immediately notify you of a power outage so that it can be remediated before the backup runs out. In my experience those are surprisingly difficult to find. If anyone knows about a good one I'd be interested too, just to put on our circuit that our freezers are plugged into.

/ Starlink #3,215  
Had a significant outage yesterday about 8pm PST. Diminished signal lasted in the night, like less than 10 mbp down. I did the factory reset but no joy until this AM.
Seems to be up and running fine now - what the heck... Did anybody else have trouble last night?

/ Starlink #3,216  
Mine has been offline since 1:33am this morning. In the app my system says "Starlink is calibrating, this may take a few minutes". But it has been hours. I have opened a support ticket.

/ Starlink #3,217  
Mine has been offline since 1:33am this morning. In the app my system says "Starlink is calibrating, this may take a few minutes". But it has been hours. I have opened a support ticket.
I'm assuming you already tried the factory reset. Power off/on rapidly several times. Note this requires a new password restart.

/ Starlink #3,218  
I'm assuming you already tried the factory reset. Power off/on rapidly several times. Note this requires a new password restart.
No. I'm waiting for support input on it. I have a backup ISP so I'm in no rush. Rather not reset things if I don't have to.

Is this something you're generally suggesting or is there a specific recommendation for this related to current issues?

/ Starlink #3,219  
Just a general suggestion like rebooting your phone or PC to fix an issue.
Keep us posted.