Starlink

/ Starlink #3,741  
78.5 down and 18.3 up
Not bad for a Friday evening around here.

/ Starlink #3,742  
IMG_9780.JPG

Normal test was 46/10. Then advance test gives the above.

/ Starlink #3,744  
I’ve been getting poor signal to mesh node errors lately. I haven’t moved anything.

/ Starlink #3,745  
My speed tests looks ok, but today everything is dragging online.
IMG_9820.JPG

/ Starlink #3,747  
What is an acceptable per cent of obstructions to get on the ap and still have decent service. My test locations are best .71 to 2.65 will that be good enough?

/ Starlink #3,748  
.71 is good enough for most everything, you might maybe have a few issues with the 2.65 if you are using it for video calls. Most streaming services will buffer thru the 2.65. For email and web surfing, what you have listed won't be noticed.

/ Starlink #3,749  
What is an acceptable per cent of obstructions to get on the ap and still have decent service. My test locations are best .71 to 2.65 will that be good enough?
First bear in mind that the app maps obstructions optically with a camera, and Dishy will use high frequency RF. So Dishy may be more affected by a guy wire in the line of sight, or a metal roof just below the sight line.

It depends on what you want to use it for. Things like gaming are very sensitive to obstructions, but YouTube and video calls buffer so it isn't as much of an issue, and if you are browsing the web, you probably won't notice it much at all.

But it also matters whether the obstructions are small, many, and close to the horizon, or whether you have some big pole that causes the obstructions. One big obstruction that is tall causes a longer duration impact than scattered ones.

As Starlink gets more satellites up, obstructions should matter less, and to the extent Dishy can learn your obstructions, and switch to avoid them, it may have less of an impact.

Does that help?

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #3,750  
My main obstructions are tall trees to the north and west, we are in a valley on the north slope. I do not do gaming and most of our use is surfing and video calls