Started my tower stand today

/ Started my tower stand today #231  
Ava loves hunting. She has killed numerous raccoons before getting on the bus for school that we trapped around the house. Uses her pink .22 cricket. She makes it a lot more fun though :)

I was just ribbing you. I remember the first part of this and other threads where you talked about her excitement with all things outdoors. Good job.

/ Started my tower stand today
I was just ribbing you. I remember the first part of this and other threads where you talked about her excitement with all things outdoors. Good job.

Thanks, I need to get some interior pictures of the tower. Looks like a kids playroom in there with all her dolls and coloring stuff :)

/ Started my tower stand today #233  
Got this guy from the tower this morning at 70 yards. Ava was excited as we spent 9 hours in the tower today and I had to convince her to come in at lunch time.

It is a 16ス" outside spread 10 point that I would have let walk if I was out by myself but Ava is so excited anytime we can shoot one.

View attachment 346184

Good Mornin Robert,
Thats great, nice job Ava, she is definitely enjoying the hunt ! :)

Robert, hope your feeling healthy and doing OK !

Good Mornin Robert,
Thats great, nice job Ava, she is definitely enjoying the hunt ! :)

Robert, hope your feeling healthy and doing OK !

Thanks, I'm doing well. Have adjusted to my new life and don't even think about the changes anymore as it has been 6 years now. Hopefully things keep improving though.

Here is my tower door after a weekend of hunting with Ava.

ForumRunner_20131118_100537.png

/ Started my tower stand today #235  
Here is my tower door after a weekend of hunting with Ava.

View attachment 346432

So that's what you do while your daughter is "taking care of business/ hunting" you color:D BTW, every girl should be able to hunt out of her "doll house":thumbsup::laughing: Being a good shot, may come in handy when the "boys" start coming around!!:eek:

/ Started my tower stand today #236  
Got this guy from the tower this morning at 70 yards. Ava was excited as we spent 9 hours in the tower today and I had to convince her to come in at lunch time.

It is a 16ス" outside spread 10 point that I would have let walk if I was out by myself but Ava is so excited anytime we can shoot one.

View attachment 346184

Robert thanks for shareing pic/story ! Also let us know when you shoot one from new TT window ! :D :thumbsup:

Boone

Robert thanks for shareing pic/story ! Also let us know when you shoot one from new TT window ! :D :thumbsup:

Boone

I've actually started keeping an eye open for some small Travel trailers that I can park at different spots on our farms so that I and my friends have various places to hunt (especially on the rainy days). Just small units in the 12'-15' size that I can pull in and out of smaller areas without worry. Also be able to store them inside easily as they won't take up as much room. Our current TT is 35' total length and is just too big and heavy to try and put out there when things are wet. It is winterized and ready to go into storage.

So that's what you do while your daughter is "taking care of business/ hunting" you color:D BTW, every girl should be able to hunt out of her "doll house":thumbsup::laughing: Being a good shot, may come in handy when the "boys" start coming around!!:eek:

She hasn't asked me to color yet but I helped her with her homework tonight in the tower. As soon as she got off the bus she put on her hunting gear and we headed out. Wind was bad and had the deer nervous and my neighbor was out and changed where the deer came out of the woods on the opposite side of the tower field. Saw plenty of does but everything in range was running till it was in the brush on the tower side of the field. Just wasn't meant to be today.

/ Started my tower stand today #239  
Thanks, I need to get some interior pictures of the tower. Looks like a kids playroom in there with all her dolls and coloring stuff :)

I used to bring playdoh with me when I'd sit in the blind with my girls. It's quiet and they have a blast making different things with it. Lately, their attention span has gotten a little better, but at 1.5 hours, they start getting antsy if they don't have something to keep them busy. They're 7yo and 9yo.

/ Started my tower stand today #240  
Robert, might be cheap to build something like one of them fish'n shacks y'all NErs use for winter lake fishing. Build it with collapsible insulated walls
on a small trailer.