Started my tower stand today

/ Started my tower stand today #221  
What about the deer? are they liking it enough to hang out around it?

Eddie

/ Started my tower stand today
Saw lots of deer but was trying to get Ava a deer this year and she missed a buck but all the does that were in her range had fawns with them so we let them go.

Got this guy from the tower this morning at 70 yards. Ava was excited as we spent 9 hours in the tower today and I had to convince her to come in at lunch time.

It is a 16½" outside spread 10 point that I would have let walk if I was out by myself but Ava is so excited anytime we can shoot one.

ForumRunner_20131116_194333.png

/ Started my tower stand today #224  
Congratulations. It sure is exciting to hear how much she enjoys hunting with you. Just think that one day she will be going out to hunt on her own and teaching her kids to hunt!!!

Eddie

Congratulations. It sure is exciting to hear how much she enjoys hunting with you. Just think that one day she will be going out to hunt on her own and teaching her kids to hunt!!!

Eddie

Hopefully I don't need to worry about grandkids too soon though :-D

/ Started my tower stand today #226  
Beautiful daughter and great buck! My 8'x8' stand doesn't bother my deer at all, me climbing in and out when the deer are looking is a different story:laughing:

/ Started my tower stand today #227  
Great buck and great story. If I were you I would blame it on Ava too. But we all know.

Great buck and great story. If I were you I would blame it on Ava too. But we all know.

Ava loves hunting. She has killed numerous raccoons before getting on the bus for school that we trapped around the house. Uses her pink .22 cricket. She makes it a lot more fun though :)

Beautiful daughter and great buck! My 8'x8' stand doesn't bother my deer at all, me climbing in and out when the deer are looking is a different story:laughing:

Thanks. I have my stairs set so we can usually sneak in and out without being seen.

/ Started my tower stand today #230  
Thanks. I have my stairs set so we can usually sneak in and out without being seen.

Yep, I have it somewhat covered, but shoot, the deer know when I leave the house!, had 4 doe and a 3 yr old or so buck in the yard this evening, he was sure being a pita for the ladies too.