Starting our new life

/ Starting our new life #761  
Seems Panasonic has nearly silent 150 cfm or variable speed bath fans...

What is the typical cfm for wood stove fans?

Washington State manufactured Xtrordinair advertises super quiet fan up to 400 cfm... and I believe Lopi and Xtrordinair are part of Travis Industries

There are inline options advertised as being very quiet... but some have temp limitations.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FPFVZTZ?aaxitk=d6Onq3hDYjZoJqjcYmgQHQ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FPFVZTZ?aaxitk=d6Onq3hDYjZoJqjcYmgQHQ#customerReviews
The ones I looked up were averaging 150 cfm.

/ Starting our new life #764  
Did you have any luck reducing the blower noise?

I did go into a local dealer... it was educational but when I mentioned blower noise he said there are no guarantees because it is subjective... I asked if I could hear the two stoves I was looking at and he said both would be special order so no way to hear them unless I bought.

/ Starting our new life #765  
Did you have any luck reducing the blower noise?

I did go into a local dealer... it was educational but when I mentioned blower noise he said there are no guarantees because it is subjective... I asked if I could hear the two stoves I was looking at and he said both would be special order so no way to hear them unless I bought.
They should have a decibel rating on the stove for the amount of sound it puts out. You should be able to verify that with a decibel meter and if it is significantly higher, that would give you a leg to stand on noise wise.

Aaron Z

/ Starting our new life #766  
They should have a decibel rating on the stove for the amount of sound it puts out. You should be able to verify that with a decibel meter and if it is significantly higher, that would give you a leg to stand on noise wise.

Aaron Z

You would think... even generators have ratings and campgrounds enforce them.

Had a good conversation and I was the only one in the store on a rainy day... but the conversation shifted when I mentioned blower noise...

I go to great lengths to make my central heat installs quiet... larger and better insulated ducting... more outlets and longer U shape return air loop plus variable speed blower and 3 stage burners...

/ Starting our new life #767  
Bigger fan/ducting with slower rpms is the ticket. My guess is the fans built into stoves are small because of space constraints. Probably to do it right (quiet), one would need to do a custom job.

/ Starting our new life
I have not followed up with the rep yet. I have a feeling it's going to go nowhere.:thumbdown: My builder will be moving back next month. I'll see if he can't help out on this issue. He gives the place I bought it a lot of business so I'm sure he'll have a louder voice than mine. Most homes he builds have gas fireplaces though.

/ Starting our new life #769  
The local stores here sell over 90% gas... very few wood burning with all the restrictions in place.

Wood has become a four letter word.

I have two old Oaks that toppled this winter... both right on the trails I made... it would be simple to just strategically place the loader and drop the rounds in... but, I will probably just push them to the side...

People have already reported it to the city that the trail is blocked... property is 100% moms, no easements or entitlements... so all are trespassers… interesting times for sure.

/ Starting our new life
When the Zombie Apocalypse happens, those with gas fireplaces are gonna get cold.

I'll be toasty warm. :laughing::dance1: