Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #201  
I've been in this group for a long time and have been more of a lurker than a poster over the past 15 years. I want say this I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would pay 10-15% of the price of their tractor for a grapple when you can get a grapple for around $1000 and made right in Denton, NC that will get the job done. Some are saying China is causing this with EA. If you live anywhere near Denton, NC where CID attachments started you'd know the skid steer attachment market is flooded right now. Just a few weeks ago we went by WildKat attachments, I think their name has changed, on Hwy. 49 Denton, NC. I've never seen so many attachments stacked up on their lot. There must've been several hundred grapples alone. We've been running a 60" Loflin Compact Tractor Vertical Root Grapple now for 5 years now and it's used a lot as this is a full time farm with pastures, wooded areas and cropland. It's never failed us.

We were within about a mile of EA's facility about 2 weeks ago now I kinda wish we had gone by there just to see if there was any activity. I'm not going to speculate about what's going on with them as I hope for the employees sake this just a bump in the road. About 40 years ago I worked in a Machine/Job Shop that nearly closed it's doors, one employee went during this lunch break to cash his paycheck and they wouldn't cash it due to NSF boy it didn't take long for that to spread through the shop. Owner had to call a meeting with everyone and explain. They hired a team of consultants, restructured and came out of it and are doing great today. I left there about 35 years ago.

Just in Denton, NC alone you have CID Attachments, WildKat Attachments, Loflin Fabrication, Unlimited Fabrication and Rut Manufacturing. I think there's more but that's all I could think of at the time and Denton is a tiny town. There's numerous others within 50 miles of Denton. Like I said I hope this is just a glitch for EA.

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Status of Everything Attachments #202  
Weird, never heard of any of those companies

/ Status of Everything Attachments #203  
Wednesday I bought a new car and drove to a dealer 2 hours away. The reason was it was on their lot, the color (blue) we wanted and we tried it & both liked it. It had 12 miles on it leaving the dealership after paying cash and got a good deal.
A much closer dealership had too many red flags: it's listed for sale on their website but "in transit"...ok I thought, so a day to get there. No...2 weeks they said (first red flag), then $500 NON REFUNDABLE deposit! (second red flag). I tried calling the sales manager...never could & he never returned my calls (3rd flag).
Two local dealerships both 9 miles away one had a car that was ok...except 450 miles on it (2024 brand new???) and scratches where it looked like someone tried removing the radio! Other dealership the price was MSRP+ tax+$700 processing fee, we walked out. They said that's the price take it or leave it, so we left it!
It pays to shop but it certainly is nice laying hands on what you want then striking a fair deal and taking it home!
I retired 10 years ago running a business and told customers trust is #1. If both parties are trustworthy then everything goes smoothly.
Any red flag...walk away.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #206  
Ones we drive mostly blue, black,black, blue, black .
20240202_172435.jpg
20240202_172535.jpg

/ Status of Everything Attachments #207  
I bought 3 attachments (one was for a friend) from them a number of years ago when it was place the order and they shipped pretty much right away. No problem paying 100% at order time on that. They have all been great. Sad to hear they are in trouble or rumored to be.

There was some famous book I forget where one character asks another "How did you go bankrupt?" and his reply was "Gradually and then suddenly". I get what that means, and seems to often be the case.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #208  
Well, I sure would like to hear from the principal parties about what is going on, but I understand somewhat. Most attorneys will tell their clients when a lawsuit is involved to just shut your trap about saying anything publicly about it, because the other camp will find a way to use anything you say against you in court.

But push come to shove, after 4 and a half months, I just don't want to wait any longer for my grapple while the courts snail crawl to a resolution and there is doubt in the air about me getting it at all.

The last correspondence I had gotten from EA didn't make any mention of an upcoming legal issue that would impact the schedule of my impending shipping date:
On 1/16/2024 1:22 PM, nate@(Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) wrote:
>
> Hi Rich,
>
>
>
> We are currently working on getting parts together for a batch of 60” grapples. We have been a little behind on shipping times, but are working hard to get back on track.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
> Nate

So yeah, maybe they can't use the new building because of a contractor pissing duel, but why isn't the old building still operational?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #209  
Well, I sure would like to hear from the principal parties about what is going on, but I understand somewhat. Most attorneys will tell their clients when a lawsuit is involved to just shut your trap about saying anything publicly about it, because the other camp will find a way to use anything you say against you in court.

But push come to shove, after 4 and a half months, I just don't want to wait any longer for my grapple while the courts snail crawl to a resolution and there is doubt in the air about me getting it at all.

The last correspondence I had gotten from EA didn't make any mention of an upcoming legal issue that would impact the schedule of my impending shipping date:

So yeah, maybe they can't use the new building because of a contractor pissing duel, but why isn't the old building still operational?
It will work out for you! One way or the other.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #210  
It will work out for you! One way or the other.
...of maybe 5 different ways? 1. get the grapple. 2. don't get the grapple. 3.get the $ refunded. 4. lose the $. 5. don't get the grapple AND lose the $. ??????

I don't know if this has been answered or not; why don't they continue to use the old factory until the new one gets torn down, fixed or brought up to code? The production may be slowed BUT they would still be in
business and not ruining their reputation and consumer confidence?