Std. or HD pallet forks?

/ Std. or HD pallet forks?
Look at the lift spec for your tractor and buy the appropriately rated forks.
You want me to buy another set of forks?

If you read the entire thread you'll see the reasoning (and all the brain damage) behind buying this set of forks...

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #52  
This fitment issue didnt happen on mine. Locked right in first try. A bit of adjustment via grinding isnt the end of the world though.

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #53  
You want me to buy another set of forks?

If you read the entire thread you'll see the reasoning (and all the brain damage) behind buying this set of forks...
I should read 6 pages of replies because ....the thread title is not really what is at question here? Okay..

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #54  
I dont think it has anything to do with manufacturers using the wrong specs. I would say it is all down to how picky they are when building it. Something shifting in or on a jig, something cut slightly wrong, a little bit of distortion from welding too long or out of order, etc.

Forks put less stress on that pin/hole than most other types of attachments because you are hardly ever pushing down or pulling backwards on anything. If you can get the pin to go in with slight grinding i think you're 100% set.

…Forks put less stress on that pin/hole than most other types of attachments because you are hardly ever pushing down or pulling backwards on anything...
When I first tried to engage the pins I thought… ”Great… should I send them back or just ‘half-engage’ the pins and use them that way…”

As I studied the issue I realized the stressors on them were exactly as you say… most of the leverage is hanging/pulling on the upper bar (the reason I went with HD) and pushing against the lower bar…

The bit of material I removed with the grinder will have little-or-no effect on the durability of these forks…

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #56  
I agree that there shouldn’t be much stress even if you get them caught under something. If you haven’t already you should contact express steel and let them know the problem you had. They can then fix any problems on their end with fitment. I have found them pretty responsive.

/ Std. or HD pallet forks? #58  
I agree that there shouldn’t be much stress even if you get them caught under something. If you haven’t already you should contact express steel and let them know the problem you had. They can then fix any problems on their end with fitment. I have found them pretty responsive.
Why would they fix there jig for one set of forks. I have the same set and didnt have a problem. You want them to be tight..not flopping all over.

Why would they fix there jig for one set of forks. I have the same set and didnt have a problem. You want them to be tight..not flopping all over.
I did send ES an email regarding the “modification“ I found necessary… and also pointed out how the grinding wasn’t necessary in other cases…

Mostly I wanted them to know I was impressed, overall, with the quality of product they delivered…