steering wheel spinner knob

/ steering wheel spinner knob #31  
Don't like them. I just palm the old Fords. Two of them are hydrostatic, so the knob would never be where I expected, anyway.

/ steering wheel spinner knob #32  
Yep. I've had one for 21 years on my machine. Tractor Supply sells a few of them. I'm sure they can be found elsewhere. Really handy (no pun intended), especially when doing loader work, or mowing around tight obstacles.
I had a hard time finding one that fit. Most of the parts store ones seem designed for a thicker wheel than what my Kioti has, and I was never able to get 'em tight enough so it didn't flop around. Finally found one on Amazon that works like a champ.

/ steering wheel spinner knob #33  
I had a hard time finding one that fit. Most of the parts store ones seem designed for a thicker wheel than what my Kioti has, and I was never able to get 'em tight enough so it didn't flop around. Finally found one on Amazon that works like a champ.
With my WorkMaster 50 I had just he opposite problem. Thicker steering wheel needed a bigger mount. Found 'palm spinner' worked the best. Just insert bigger rubber insert for smaller steering wheels.

/ steering wheel spinner knob #34  
Not sure why you would want it with power steering. We had them on the old tractors and they were very useful but we also occasionally had sprained fingers and wrists.
Because the knob is orange and my steering wheel is black! I don't have any sort of sun shield or cab on the tractor. I live in OK and the steering wheel can get too hot to touch.

/ steering wheel spinner knob #35  
I have two on my Kubota BX24, mounted opposite each other. As the position varies due to the power steering, there is always one available as they move around. Never had them spin into my hand or wrist, and you can easily find one as you are looking elsewhere. Highly recommended.
I bought generics at Tractor Supply. The shape of the BX wheel made them tilt inward a little bit when clamped, but they work fine that way.

/ steering wheel spinner knob #36  
Been really thinking about one for use with the grapple. Crabbing my way through trees with a log would probably be a bit easier. Even with power steering the big log weight on the front gets tedious moving in and out between the trees.

/ steering wheel spinner knob #37  
Block heater, on board battery charger and Spinner was my first purchases when I bought my tractor. There's a threaded hole on one of my spokes for the Spinner, but the dealer wanted $30+ for one. Bought a $13 10 years ago, it's great.

/ steering wheel spinner knob #38  
I love my spinner. It’s like sliced bread and the wheel!

/ steering wheel spinner knob #39  
It is easy enough to line it up where I want it with with hydro steering, if it is off by a 1/4 turn just turn to lock and then go 1/4 more. spin back and she's all ligned up. I really appreciate having it when i'm doing work in reverse (mostly snow blowing).

/ steering wheel spinner knob #40  
I wouldn't be without mine. Love it!

However if you do not have power steering you better not have one on there. It will break your fingers right now!!
They were standard equipment on the 50's Case SC. Learned to drive a tractor on one, been driving it for about 60 years.
Yes, I do have one finger that was broken, but that was from trying to manhandle a small bull with a halter. No broken appendages from the knob yet...
My two tractors with power steering don't have one, because it's not needed. If I need to spin the wheel on one of them I just use one of the spokes the way I'd use the knob.

Attachments

• IMAG0025 2.JPG
    IMAG0025 2.JPG
    876.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited: