Sticker Shock---filters

/ Sticker Shock---filters #1  

WWhunter

Bronze Member
Recently purchased a Kioti DK6010SE HST and am at the 50 hour mark. Manual states to replace all filters and fluids. Nearly had a heart atttack at the cost of the filter kit!! Nearly $300.00 just for the filters, that not including the various oils. Ironicly, my manual doesn't even list the part number ofr the HST filter. Only Air, Oil, Hydraulic, and fuel filters.

Has anyone found a cheaper place to buy the filters? Especially the HST filter which is just shy of $100. I did some researching and I think a Donaldson P573481 might be the correct one. It's $65, which is a substantial savings.

/ Sticker Shock---filters #2  
Not worth the savings buying the HST or hydraulic filters of a different brand, if you can even find a cross. These are very specific filters and not readily cross referenced. Yep, kinda hurts, but not anywhere near what a pump rebuild would cost. The engine oil filter, fuel filter and air filters can easily be crossed to WIX, Baldwin, Donaldson without too much issue…

Last edited:
   / Sticker Shock---filters #3  
I just did the 50hr service on my DK4210se HST. Manual calls for engine oil and engine, hydraulic and hydrostatic filter changes. I bought Kioti brand filters from my local Bobcat dealer that sells Kioti and Bobcat tractors. Parts guy said Bobcat uses their own filters for their tractors and that the price is similar. It's hard to believe they are anything other than rebranded Kioti filters.

E6201-32443 oil filter $16
T5710-38031 hydraulic filter $50
T4125-38021 hydrostatic filter $155!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, check the front diff fluid. Mine did not register on the dipstick. Mine had UTF in it so I topped it off. Manual said 80-90W gear oil can also be used.

/ Sticker Shock---filters #4  
Adding this link in case the OP is interested. There is a Donaldson filter that is very similar to the Kioti filter:

/ Sticker Shock---filters #5  
I just did the 50hr service on my DK4210se HST. Manual calls for engine oil and engine, hydraulic and hydrostatic filter changes. I bought Kioti brand filters from my local Bobcat dealer that sells Kioti and Bobcat tractors. Parts guy said Bobcat uses their own filters for their tractors and that the price is similar. It's hard to believe they are anything other than rebranded Kioti filters.

E6201-32443 oil filter $16
T5710-38031 hydraulic filter $50
T4125-38021 hydrostatic filter $155!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, check the front diff fluid. Mine did not register on the dipstick. Mine had UTF in it so I topped it off. Manual said 80-90W gear oil can also be used.
I use NAPA (WIX) oil filters. The dealer has to order them but they came in in 2 days. Amazon has it for $10.10

/ Sticker Shock---filters #6  
I just bought a DK5310SE a few months ago. This post caught my eye so last time I was in my local dealer in Plainfield, CT (K&H Construction LLC, Sales & Tool Rental). While I don't have the part numbers handy, prices were:

Oil: ~$12.50
Hydraulic: ~$38
Hydrostatic: ~$87

Still seems ridiculous. Can't imagine why they're so much higher at your dealer.

/ Sticker Shock---filters #7  
Bigger tractors = bigger expenses. My mt573 was just shy of around $500 for all the filters including air filters. The hydro filter is huge and about $115. Sucks but once over that 50 hour hurdle the interval changes. Not sure on your model. If memory serves me right I my intervals are 300 hours now. That’s a lot of time to make a couple dollars to cover maintenance cost.

/ Sticker Shock---filters #8  
I know this an older thread, but figured I post the Wix HST filter I cross referenced from the OEM HST filter (Deadong part number T4125-38021) for my DK5310SE.

The WIX part number is WL10243, paid $89.99 at the local O'Reilly auto parts store, probably cheaper elsewhere, but I was in a pinch and needed it today.

Unfortunately, the dealer sold me a Kioti filter kit set, but I didn't realize the HST filter was missing until I was almost done with the 50hr svc, and not wanting to drive over an hour back to them, I picked up the Wix down the road from me.

Fwiw, I had the counter employee cross reference the Daedong part along with 2 other brands I had cross referenced and they all came back with the same Wix part #.

Best regards,