Sticker shock

/ Sticker shock #1  

tradosaurus

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400 HST, heavy duty bucket, 3rd function, R1 tires (rears filled), 2 remotes
I received an email from Kubota about their 84 mo, 0% financing on L60 tractors so for sheets and giggles I built a L4760 HST w/ cab on their website.

After adding all the options I would like I came to $76,500. Woah.

/ Sticker shock #2  
Labor problems due to Coronavirus have impacted manufactures and miners worldwide.

Supply is down, prices are up.

According to free market economic theory, higher prices ALWAYS call forth increased supply.

/ Sticker shock #3  
Wow! I'd hate to see that now in Soviet Canukistan (Canada). Last time I priced an L3560 with loader and a rear snow blower it was $50,000. And that was before all these price increases.

/ Sticker shock #4  
Just looked at the Bobcat website. They just changed it from giving prices for tractors, to taking your information and "get a quote from a local dealer." 😳

/ Sticker shock #5  
I just got a quote for a loaded L6060 that came to $52k. No backhoe but the big loader, all the hydraulics. Likely months out, but I'd be trading in a L4060 if I end up pulling the trigger & in no rush for a delivery.

That seems high, even with a backhoe.

/ Sticker shock #6  
Better find the best deal you can on anything that you need or want now, cause it's not going to get better. The people running the show don't have the economic sense to run a lemonade stand.

/ Sticker shock #7  
Labor problems due to Coronavirus have impacted manufactures and miners worldwide.

Supply is down, prices are up.

According to free market economic theory, higher prices ALWAYS call forth increased supply.

What I recall from the first day of Econ 101 is the Demand Curve which simply shows that demand drops as price increases. Common sense.

I'm interested, but not sure what you mean by "higher prices ALWAYS call forth increased supply." Theoretically, if the price goes high enough, demand will go to zero.

There are few examples of "free market" economics in today's environment anyway. Mandates, targets, subsidies, and taxes twist behavior in opposition to Adam Smith's simple intuitive principles.

/ Sticker shock #8  
What I recall from the first day of Econ 101 is the Demand Curve which simply shows that demand drops as price increases. Common sense.

I'm interested, but not sure what you mean by "higher prices ALWAYS call forth increased supply." Theoretically, if the price goes high enough, demand will go to zero.

There are few examples of "free market" economics in today's environment anyway. Mandates, targets, subsidies, and taxes twist behavior in opposition to Adam Smith's simple intuitive principles.
Right now demand exceeds supply so there will be more supply in the works

/ Sticker shock #10  

On day two you would have found out there’s two sides to that curve…and on day three they move.